Author Topic: Alien Breed Impact  (Read 2233 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
how the hell did i miss this coming,  :D though at the news

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22610
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

1.  Reminds me of Shadowgrounds.

2.  Weren't Team17 the guys who did all the awesome Worms games?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
1.  Reminds me of Shadowgrounds.

2.  Weren't Team17 the guys who did all the awesome Worms games?

1. thanks for reminding me of that i had the demo yrs ago but couldnt think what it was called

2. yes they did but before then they were involved in the Amiga classic alien breed and its sequel tower assault which were just plain and simply awsome, lots of colourful weapons, typical arcade numbers of baddies (heavily influenced in shape by Alien franchise xenomorphs) and dramatic backdrops
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I only knew of "Alien Breed" from a TI-83 Plus game which (I'm now guessing) was based on whatever the original of this was?

Okay, I've played it, and it is your generic alien-blasting game complete with all the usual weapons like infinite-ammo pistol, assault rifle, shotgun, flamethrower, weapon with ricocheting projectiles, and the usual "kill everything in front of you in a single shot" weapon.

So yeah, excellent game for what its trying to be, a game where you kill your way through a horde of alien monstrosities.  Basically Shadowgrounds in space.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yep, but pretty neat graphics (unreal 3 engine), and kinda relaxing due to it's gameplay. Only the constant explosions and screenshakings are a little annoying. :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Yeah, that was really weird.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Yep, but pretty neat graphics (unreal 3 engine), and kinda relaxing due to it's gameplay. Only the constant explosions and screenshakings are a little annoying. :)

that's fairly typical of alien breed :D, the tri-laser used to be really pretty to watch

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Damn you, I've been trying to ignore this for a couple weeks, I'm trying to save money here.... :p
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Damn you, I've been trying to ignore this for a couple weeks, I'm trying to save money here.... :p

Ohh, ....it's.....so......great.....

can't ....resist.......

must....play......

*drools*

:lol:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Actually, downloaded the demo.  It's not bad, not great, but not bad. :)
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline mxlm

Tried the demo. I'll probably get it when there's a steam sale and it's $2.50
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Played the original and tower assault to the end. I guess I'll have to get this one sooner or later too then.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]