Author Topic: Alright, who wants to gift me Arkham City on Steam (50% off weekend deal)?  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Alright, who wants to gift me Arkham City on Steam (50% off weekend deal)?
Steam doesn't allow me to purchase Arkham City since I live in Israel, but apparently gifted games aren't restricted. So, if someone would be so kind as to "gift" me Arkham City (the $29.95 one with all the DLC), I'll PayPal you back the money.

My steam account's email is "[my-forum-username][email protected]".

Anybody? The weekend deal ends at 10am Monday, PDT. :p

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you get to keep Arkham Asylum for free with this, since I already have that game in my Steam account - I'll just gift it right back to you :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:47:49 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Re: Alright, who wants to gift me Arkham City on Steam (50% off weekend deal)?
I'll get ya. Sit tight, it'll arrive sometime later today.

EDIT: Sent! Incidentally, I'll have a fee copy of Arkham Asylum sitting around since I already have that one too. Anybody want it?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:06:02 am by Scourge of Ages »

EDIT: Sent! Incidentally, I'll have a fee copy of Arkham Asylum sitting around since I already have that one too. Anybody want it?

I'll take it off your hands, if you're just giving it away.  I'm the only BlueFlames on Steam who's in the HLP group.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
if yer donating, i'd be happy to take it off yer hands :p, username is vrga
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Don't get all send-happy with the extra Arkham Asylum copies just yet... I'm trying to figure out just where Steam put my now-extra copy... #thisbetterwork
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Don't get all send-happy with the extra Arkham Asylum copies just yet... I'm trying to figure out just where Steam put my now-extra copy... #thisbetterwork

Go to the Community tab and check your inventory.  It's not just for TF2 hats anymore.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, Steam may have simply "disappeared" what I thought would be an extra copy of Arkham Asylum, evidently since I already had a copy. I got Arkham City just fine, so the primary goal of this little exercise worked... I'm just disappointed that I didn't receive an extra AA. Anyone have any experience with this?

Go to the Community tab and check your inventory.  It's not just for TF2 hats anymore.

Nope, not there (I found that area by the menu bar -> Games -> Manage Gifts and Guess Passes). :(

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Darn, looks like the extra copies thing only covers a very limited list of specific titles - Batman Arkham * not among them: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

Ah, shucks. Sorry to get your hopes up guys.

Hey, at least now we won't have to have the international wrestling tournament to see who gets it.