Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 843832 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
So what prog do you use for UV mapping?  :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

TBH it indeed looks more like the, er, "low-poly" Ryujin you made earlier ;)
Engine section and upper front seem to be the only remains of the Tereus, probably it was a forced marriage? :D

For reference: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/ITD_Ryujin
https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/GTD_Atropos

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
So what prog do you use for UV mapping?  :)
Blender is love, Blender is life. My usual workflow is Blender [modelling, mapping] -> Substance Painter [Texturing] -> Blender [conversion] -> PCS2.

TBH it indeed looks more like the, er, "low-poly" Ryujin you made earlier ;)
Engine section and upper front seem to be the only remains of the Tereus, probably it was a forced marriage? :D

For reference: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/ITD_Ryujin
https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/GTD_Atropos
Yeah, it draws inspiration from my version of Atropos, which is derived from ToF variant. However, NuTereus is shaped after first remake by Moonred. This new remake is actually based on Moonred's model used as Tereus in released version of Nostos.

BTW. All new EA ships will be released in upcoming patch.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Appreciate your reply.  I try to dabble with most programs and it's been 14 years or so since I touched blender.   I might give it another look.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Will the GTVA and the Shivans get new toys in Act II too? Because those things look great!
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

This is INFERNO, what do you expect? :cool:

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Will the GTVA and the Shivans get new toys in Act II too? Because those things look great!

Most of the Zod fleet is hasn’t been started yet, so do keep your expectations appropriate. :nod:

R

Most of the Zod fleet is hasn’t been started yet, so do keep your expectations appropriate. :nod:

R

Has this been changed again? I thought it was rather done.

We have the basics to go all the way to Act 4 model wise except for the Vasudan flagship, Gigas and Icanus.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

R

Has this been changed again? I thought it was rather done.

We have the basics to go all the way to Act 4 model wise except for the Vasudan flagship, Gigas and Icanus.
I believe it is "started" to be seen in action :P. Yeah, we have almost complete vasudan fleet, including pair of hi-poly zod destroyers. Vasudan flagship is t he only asset that is not done, but it's not needed for Act II. We included everything in released version, but so far only Selket medium cruiser was used in the last mission of Act I. We still want to keep only the most important ships exclusive. but you will still see new ships in Act II like Dioscuri or Bastion.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:15:06 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Will the Jovians only have their own color scheme/textures or completely different cruisers?

You say that like the Jovians have autonomy.

Wait, I need to start reading dates and stop relying on the forums to take me to the most recent post, nvm.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:53:24 pm by NeonShivan »
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Will the Jovians only have their own color scheme/textures or completely different cruisers?

You say that like the Jovians have autonomy.

Wait, I need to start reading dates and stop relying on the forums to take me to the most recent post, nvm.
Probably no real autonomy but they have their own shipyards.
Tereus is going to be less blue and more silver than Jovian warships, but it will still have all features of new EA texturing. I guess I will make earther warships less painted than their jovian counterparts... Except for the Skotas. It's the first of painted EA warships and it's almost completely painted despite being probably earther [at least, non-jovian] design.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:57:47 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Jovian faction will probably be called Transjovian Despotate. Rampage wrote very good, short fiction about that. It may one day see the daylight. They are one of major members of Earth Alliance who maintain certain level of economical and cultural autonomy, but their fleets are still ordered by EA central command and, consequently, by Admiral Falon.

Martians are third faction, but they probably share warship designs with Earth. Auriga carrier are probably Martian design. Those who played INFA may remember martian flagship so origins of EACa Auriga are presumbly conjectural.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I won’t spoil too much of the R2 story but hopefully this will provide some groundwork for the HLP Community to start with.  The structure of the Jovian faction is in its name, the “Transjovian Despotate”.  Trans- being that the faction involves Jupiter and beyond.  Jupiter and Saturn lead the faction and hold a seat in the EA government.  Uranus, Neptune, and beyond are resource-rich worlds controlled by local bandit kingdoms that pay lip service to their Jovian overlords (of the Despotate) and to the greater EA and are thus the most independent wildcard element of the faction.  They feud with each other over control of resources, trade routes, and even for prestige.

After the severing of the Sol-DS node, local subspace gradually became erratic the farther one is from the Sun’s gravitational space-time distortion.  As a consequence, the Jovians were forced to make more efficient subspace drives that allowed for microjumps in rapid succession without the extensive cooldown period required by many GTVA ships.  This made an impact on their fleet management, allowing smaller ships such as specialized cruisers commanded by corvettes to be favored over those commanded by destroyers or carriers.  This was devised by our legacy member Mobius, who wrote extensively about this subject and named it the Richochet Effect.  After the Sol Gate opened, it did not have the stabilizing effect on local subspace that the EA had hoped and caused additional problems.  This will be expounded upon and will play a large role in R2.

With the R1 patch, the Community will get the mission fixes and balances previously requested (this is mostly done), all the upgraded R1 ships (Eclipse, Aesacus, Tereus, etc.), and a short capship command mission (or two) where you play as the leader of a Jovian battlegroup sent by the EA to placate an unruly bandit faction in Neptune in the weeks before the opening of the Sol Gate.  The player will experience the Richochet Effect and discover some unpleasant truths the intelligence spooks have been hiding from the general military (hinted at towards the end of R1).

R

I won’t spoil too much of the R2 story but hopefully this will provide some groundwork for the HLP Community to start with.  The structure of the Jovian faction is in its name, the “Transjovian Despotate”.  Trans- being that the faction involves Jupiter and beyond.  Jupiter and Saturn lead the faction and hold a seat in the EA government.  Uranus, Neptune, and beyond are resource-rich worlds controlled by local bandit kingdoms that pay lip service to their Jovian overlords (of the Despotate) and to the greater EA and are thus the most independent wildcard element of the faction.  They feud with each other over control of resources, trade routes, and even for prestige.

After the severing of the Sol-DS node, local subspace gradually became erratic the farther one is from the Sun’s gravitational space-time distortion.  As a consequence, the Jovians were forced to make more efficient subspace drives that allowed for microjumps in rapid succession without the extensive cooldown period required by many GTVA ships.  This made an impact on their fleet management, allowing smaller ships such as specialized cruisers commanded by corvettes to be favored over those commanded by destroyers or carriers.  This was devised by our legacy member Mobius, who wrote extensively about this subject and named it the Richochet Effect.  After the Sol Gate opened, it did not have the stabilizing effect on local subspace that the EA had hoped and caused additional problems.  This will be expounded upon and will play a large role in R2.

With the R1 patch, the Community will get the mission fixes and balances previously requested (this is mostly done), all the upgraded R1 ships (Eclipse, Aesacus, Tereus, etc.), and a short capship command mission (or two) where you play as the leader of a Jovian battlegroup sent by the EA to placate an unruly bandit faction in Neptune in the weeks before the opening of the Sol Gate.  The player will experience the Richochet Effect and discover some unpleasant truths the intelligence spooks have been hiding from the general military (hinted at towards the end of R1).

R

Excuse my question if it seems silly, but will the upgraded ships be applied to S:AH as well?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This is not question adressed to Inferno Team. Ask Adm. Nelson if he want to upgrade S:AH with newer models.

Will the patch contain the missing species.tbl? I can understand that creating some mystery is good to keep people interested, but a good part of the discussion about Nostos since the release was simply about missing intel. In fact, aside that they seem to be some sort of space nazis, we know less about EA than over the Shivans, despite being human and GTVA having been at war with them for quite some time. Then people (myself included) come up with things from INFR1 or whatever has been posted in between, making it rather confusing.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I will patch S:AH with the updated models, yes.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline CT27

Lepanto worked on fleshing out the EA in fanfics before he left a while ago.

Does the EA have one person in charge (a President/PM/General for example)?  Or is it more of a council/group (maybe a military junta with no one real leader)?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Inferno has evolved several story iterations since the release of the original R1 to Nostos’ R1.  We have adapted to other selective pressures, including FSO, HTL and PBR, and Blue Planet.  In response to this as well as no set deadline, in 15 years time the story as well as assets to match the story have changed on numerous occasions.  Our team I’d say is typical for most of the large projects hosted here.  We collaborate.  We fight.  We go AWOL.  But throughout the years most of what you see today is formed by group consensus.

Woomeister has always been the leader of Inferno, and we are thankful not only for his vision that started the project but also for him giving the other team members the autonomy to mold and shape the project.  Our members come from different disciplines and backgrounds.  Everybody contributes something or things valuable to the project.  I myself am a generalist since the early years of the project (Nostos), dabbling in everything from graphics/art direction and design, FREDding and scripting, storywriting, public relations, enforcer/whip, etc. but am a master of none.

R

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Some people joined and fled. Some ideas were introduced but later dropped in favour of new things developed to replace ideas of no-longer present team members. We dropped quite a lot of old missions, lots of writing ideas, several old models... I may say that development process of Nostos was quite chaotic from time to time, but eventually only members of the team who share vision of semi-classic gameplay and narration style remained, to give birth to Nostos as you know today. And I think we've done hell of a good job. I'm kind of veteran 3D designer here, but I also influenced gameplay and story with various ideas. What I always liked about Inferno is the fact, that even without being writer or FREDer, I can be take part of shaping the gameplay and story.

We're currently in the middle of debating of EA motives for R2, including their fleet structure and governing model. EA is, in theory, probably democratic but with certain parties and some very powerful people [like Falon], decisions of parliament are often being lobbied or even blocked by various groups of influence. It's not hard totalitarian regime, but rather a military autocracy with a shell-parliament composed of representatives of various factions and primitve democracy. In fact the EA is ruled by small elite hidden behind official political and administrative structures. Something similar to current Russia or China, but EA is also extremely potent economically. Enough to maintain the fleet of enormous size and maintaining super-secret, large-scale military projects.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 07:50:37 am by Nyctaeus »