Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613727 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Never played EVE, in this one you just buy ships, equip them with what you want and start battle sessions with other players.
Can be capture the flag, kill the other team as far as I've been able to see.

On the first few hours it's kind of unfair, you're tossed in a hostile battleground where you don't stand a change against other more advanced players, but I must say that despite of that it's a really fun game, simple but fun nevertheless.

Oh and it seems it's P2W kind of game, downloaded the beta for free and I'm not sure if this is gonna be unlocked forever or just for a limited amount of time.
el hombre vicio...

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I hate those style games
Play2Win is just distasteful to how games were meant to be played. Everyone on a fair ground, advantages only in skill and tactics... not by buying something with real money
"No"

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Been playing the hell out of SW:TOR. Got a friend into it too.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Been playing the hell out of SW:TOR. Got a friend into it too.

Word of advice: if you ever need to use their customer support service, instead make a new account. It's far cheaper and less sanity destroying.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flak

I hate those style games
Play2Win is just distasteful to how games were meant to be played. Everyone on a fair ground, advantages only in skill and tactics... not by buying something with real money
Agreed there, at least there are a few games that make more sense which I can show everyone that I can show everyone that my over 15 years of FPS experience can still pwn pay 2 win people.

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Playing far too much crusader kings at the moment (4 hours yesterday) building a dynasty that is well placed to seize control of the kingdom when the current king drops dead. Don't know whether to get republic when it comes out or wait for the pagan expansion.

Took a break from Xbox and playing Minecraft again on the HLP server.
Working on my entirely too large base.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Created a Mihile in MapleStory. They've toned down the level grinding by so much ... 1st job advancement to 2nd job advancement is almost essentially a playable cutscene comprising many quests. I remember when it took weeks just to gain a few levels.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Had a fun WG:EE game last night.  I played my "Grande Armée" Deck and managed to win it despite my ally being a rook and getting demolished.  Smart use of infantry, ATGM carriers and Rollies really worked out.  The opponents spent their points on really expensive units and didn't micro them well at all.  I managed to destroy a few CPs, Leos, a Chally and a few Apaches with very cheap units.  One thing that did irritate me was when I sent a platoon of AMX-30B2s to take out a Chally and despite ordering the lot of them to focus fire on the Chally they decided to shoot at everything but the bloody Chally and get toasted instead.  I rolled up a Mephisto and burned down the Chally after that but still that was a waste of tanks.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
What I love so much about WEE is that you win by playing smart, rather than executing a build order or an opening. Much as I love games like Brood War, they don't have much depth to the actual tactical play.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Don't roll up your grouped up mass of expensive tanks into my forest of Chassuers and and Milan F2s.  :nono:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Ugh just wrapped up a game, my teammates stunk and bailed halfway through even though I had us ahead on points despite their shortcomings.  I was still ahead when the OpFor managed to sneak some infantry past my front lines and snipe my CV. 

I started beautifully to, took my motor rifle force across the river and seized one of the OpFor reinforcement points just ahead of their forces and wiped it off the map, then I decimated pretty much everything they had been sending to dislodge me even though I was on a shoestring budget.  If I had been playing a NATO deck I probably could have still pulled it off but my Pact Deck is still a bit weak.

Balls.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Just had a game of W:EE pulled out a minor victory despite being on the back foot most of the game, my partner bailing and having a shoe string logistics budget to boot.  Actually even though they successfully grabbed much of the map, disrupted our plan and kept us on the defense we stayed ahead on points most of the game.  I do laugh one of my opponents decided to say I sucked after I crushed his or her last rush to win the game.  Logically if I sucked and you to lost me doesn't that indicate you reside in some level of failure beneath even sucking?

Also

Zhalos

BTR-70 Zhalos for the win

You held the line and made em pay for every centimeter until I could roll in a  T-80U and 64s to seal the deal.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:32:37 pm by StarSlayer »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Been getting back into Guild Wars 2. It's surprisingly more fun if you play it properly and with friends.

(Also, MST3King your way through the personal story quests of each character is glorious entertainment)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Got back into Deus Ex. Currently
Spoiler:
escaping from the Majestic facility. I helped Paul kill all the troops in the hotel and was confused as to how he ended up dead anyway. Then I found out from a walkthrough that for Paul to live, you have to escape out the front door of the 'Ton rather than sneak out the back.
Also, how about this thread gets stickied? It's effectively become the gaming equivalent of WHIYL.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Apparently my random idea caught on. :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm trying to find a way to locate, acquire, and play the old Heavy Gear games, because when I realized that the Heavy Gear Assault project is effectively a scam and their reveal trailer has exactly 8 seconds of content in a 45 second video (with even the Stompy Bot Productions logo animation at the end being 4 seconds longer than that, and most of the video being begging for money) I had a sudden collapsing realization about how everything Dream Pod 9 now touches has become clownshoes bull**** and I got extremely depressed.

There was a time they could do no wrong.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Army of Two
Was playing it with a friend not too long ago. Still a fun game by my standards, specially with a partner that ISN'T artificial
"No"

Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword

...just one more turn...

Offline crizza

I once thought I'm a good player of strategic games, but turned out I'm kind of a "Def as long as possible and then steamroll them", which is not working in WG:EE.
I realy love the game, but I'm to dumb...
As for Orcs must Die...I cannot get past the guy with his dozens of dogs...is it possible to...skill the wrong things?

As of now, I'm into STO again, but some missions are buggy "CHeck three systems in blablub sector" I fly over, check a dozen of systems and nothing happens...great^^