Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175485 times)

the movie are avi IIRC, FS2 uses MVE, but MVE files are huge, so these are in avi. get the latest divx codec and use a media player of your choice, like winamp.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline FA-PILO

not work
GTD AQUITAINE

did you download the latest divx codec?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Originally posted by karajorma
This bit is in my FAQ but I think it's a good idea to post it on this thread too.

HOW DO I VIEW THE CUTSCENES IN FS2_OPEN?

* Use the launcher to run FS2_open. In the Custom section type -dshowvid

Offline FA-PILO

every thing you say i all ready do if you can recomend me something
i will hear you

Note: i have the launchet and i type -dshowvid
GTD AQUITAINE

Originally posted by FA-PILO
every thing you say i all ready do if you can recomend me something
i will hear you

Note: i have the launchet and i type -dshowvid

what did it say after you typed it? did you ran it usiing "start, run" or by double clicking it in explorer? the first will work, the last won't.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You still haven't said if the movies work in media player.

What version of FS2 open are you using?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FA-PILO

the movies work in the RealOne player and the windows media player 9.0 and in the Divx player but not in the FS_open

i am using the 3.5 the one in the FTP server
GTD AQUITAINE

Originally posted by FA-PILO
the movies work in the RealOne player and the windows media player 9.0 and in the Divx player but not in the FS_open

i am using the 3.5 the one in the FTP server

you might wnat to look for 3.5.5, i am not all that sure if you can reach it, due to ftp stuff, but try to look anyway.

Offline FA-PILO

I have some good news and bad news

the good news is than ifinaly i can see the intro movie
but the bad is the grafics are realy realy bad it display just like hires and is to slow

what happen now plaese somebody help me whit this
GTD AQUITAINE

Offline FA-PILO

hey guys i will come back tomorrow ok i am going to bed
GTD AQUITAINE

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I tried once more to get on the FTP server, and I didn't even get a responce from it. Is it up?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Just tried it. Logged in first time in about 3 seconds. What FTP program are you guys using?

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
He's probably using Intardnet Exploder.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Trickle

I've been using a slot for the last 2-3 hours - thanks Fractux! - it stopped working for a short while, but I was able to reconnect and resume file ok.

I'm using an ancient version of WSftpLE that doesnt seem to have an option for this "multiple connections" - though as I'm peaking at 13-14K transfer speed, I'm assuning I'm not doing this?

Offline Krackers87

• 158 crew
Fire Control, target Trickle. Power up photon beam cannons. Commence plasma core insertion. OPEN FIRE!

Exits are to the sides and rear. Personal flamethrowers are located beneath your seat in case of emergency or naughty disposition. If you run into any Shivans while crawling through the ductwork, it's probably just Carl. Give him your lunch, back away slowly, and you'll be fine.
Put this in your profile if you know someone who is fighting, has survived, or has died from an awp no scope.

just like seventies goofballs
he's waiting on last calls
well listen method man
'cause if you leave on the last line
don't leave on the ground kind
born just a little too slow

Offline ehkz

The VCD of all the freespace 1 movies is in the upload folder.  You should be able to play em in any media player, just click it. For the hard core fans you can burn it onto a cd as vcd format and if your dvd player supports it u can play it on your dvd player.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by ehkz
The VCD of all the freespace 1 movies is in the upload folder.  You should be able to play em in any media player, just click it. For the hard core fans you can burn it onto a cd as vcd format and if your dvd player supports it u can play it on your dvd player.

Excellent. :) I guess that means that those of us with the freespace port and FS2_open can now watch the FS1 cutscenes in game too :)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
VCD, eh? So I can now watch hallfight on a projector screen? ;7 :drevil:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline ehkz

Originally posted by Sandwich
VCD, eh? So I can now watch hallfight on a projector screen? ;7 :drevil:

Yup...if your DVD player supports VCD playback.
For help on VCD burning and compatability go to www.vcdhelp.com

Check there for how to burn them and look up your dvd model to see compatability and feedback from others with your same dvd player on the best cd's to use and so on.

karajorma - Not sure it will play in freespace, the whole thing is and was meant as being just one video for the die hard vcd fans.  There are utilities out there to break apart and edit the video.