Author Topic: Sins: Rebellion  (Read 6036 times)

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
So the beta for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion came out to day for everybody who pre-ordered. anybody else played? pretty fun so far. The factions do indeed have different styles of play that are very different. though you only have access to the TEC sub factions. Titan ships are beastly. The new corvette class seems to be rather useless though. slightly handy but not useful late game, and since sins generally lasts a long time, pointless. the updated models and graphics look really nice as well. the new TEC capships are definitely intriguing. while they are heavy combat, they can "board" ships and structures to take them over. they also drastically improve other cap ships in most respects which is interesting. I think you can capture star bases using this method, but I haven't tested this yet. Loyalists seems to have a slight advantage in being able to build 2 star bases in each gravity well. will rebel faction tomorrow to see how they are.

As a precaution:
yes the game will require steam, please no discusion of steam. that occurs everywhere else and there is a thread devoted to it. (the great pile of steam i believe).

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Since I've seen little to zero news (Consistently! After MANY months of periodic check-ins!) about the development of Rebellion, I simply quit caring.
Primarily I looked for anything regarding the memory limit and if it was increased so I could actually play a large map with several factions without minidumping 30 minutes in because **** your 8GB of RAM I'm a game that ****s myself and crashes after exceeding 2GB.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:51:48 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Beskargam

From my understanding, this wasn't an issue for Trinity as of the last update. I haven't had any problems with the beta, but I don't know all the technical details to say much more on that

http://forums.impulsedriven.com/406435/page/3

contains change log. mentions this fix at the top.

They've made further improvements for Rebellion, too.

I pre-ordered this, so I'm in the beta.  I'm really looking forwards to seeing how everything develops.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
I need to get back into Sins! Good memories. Gotta get this!  :D
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Beskargam

this came out yesterday apparently. anybody playing/thoughts?

Offline crizza

Will get it if it's getting cheaper, owning the other Sins games I missed the Pre-order -.-

Playing it, loving it, waiting for all the epic mod releases though.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Have seen it on Steam advertisment a few days back the first time. How can I imagine the game ? Does it contain all units introduced in the other games, or will I miss some content when switching from entranchment  to rebellion ? Maybe I would buy it, the original sins made quite some fun for me
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

It contains all of the content from Sins, Entrenchment, and Diplomacy, plus additional features like Rebel and Loyalist factions, Titans, corvettes, an extra cap ship per race, and new researches for each faction that radically alter gameplay for them.  If you only have Entrenchment, it will be a good buy.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Sweat, then I will certainly give this a try once it's out. After all, it's another 6 weeks waiting for legends of pegasus and I could need something for in between :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Get your credit card ready since it came out on the 12th.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Even sweater :) I do not have a credit card, but luckily it's on steam (yes, steam aint that bad after all), so I can pay via paypal :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Well, actually, Rebellion is a Steamworks game so you're going to be stuck with Steam wherever you purchased it from.

Offline Beskargam

the corvettes still seem kinda pointless. not even good cannon fodder. anybody found a good way to use them? Titans are a lot of fun to play with. So expensive. You really need another Titan to counter a Titan however. and AI doesn't use them to well.

Corvettes are nastier than they look.  They're cheap, fast, have high alpha damage, take out strikecraft, and are effective against all armor types thanks to their damage type of Composite.  Use corvettes like Zerglings: critical mass them and overwhelm the enemy.

Offline Beskargam

hmmm. I will give it a shot. question. Have you played as the advent yet? does their culture research LOWER the chance of phase missile block?

No, I don't believe it does from my look at the coding.  The modifier used is "CultureChanceToIgnoreShieldsAsDamageTarget", which means that targets receiving damage have a -5% chance of the phase missiles going through.  It isn't very transparent, but that's how it looks.

Offline Beskargam

huh. the wording is a bit confusing. thanks for clarifying that btw

No problem.