Archived Boards > The Unification War

UW Eyecandy Thread

<< < (5/21) > >>

Mustang19:
TVWP is not waypoint-based. It's similar to normal FS2 combat, simply without fighter jump drives. The carriers do most of the moving so that you don't have to reach some waypoint 20k away.

As for your other questions, all I can say is that the TVWP ships have been balanced for playability foremost, and many of our battles are more intense than what you'd find in standard FreeSpace, with as wide a slew of weapon choices as any mod, and no shields to save you when you screw up. The ships will inevitably be more challenging to fly and operate compared to the more advanced FS2 era stuff.

Snail:
So like the early days of air combat, where only 1 in every 5066 pilots return home?

Mustang19:
Rather, in air combat the majority of pilots never even encounter the enemy. But if you mean FreeSpace combat, with wingman dying left and right, then TVWP is still the same game. However, if you're talking about the handling problems, it's very hard to die in FreeSpace from anything other than combat.

Cobra:
I hope it doesn't feature the cliche green pilot talking about his girlfriend back home, right up until he gets shot. :nervous:

Snail:
Hmm... Can we see some shots of the Reliant? I love that ship.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version