Author Topic: User-made ships page  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
If your mod is not publicly available it does not belong on the user made ships list.

If you can't find a download link and you're creating a page for an existing mod, don't link it to the user-made ships list.

The rules have existed since the page has, I'm starting the pruning today, and I am going to keep pruning until I get rid of them. I'm absolutely sick of clicking on a page, finding a mod I want to use, going down to the bottom, and finding no link. Sometimes, this is a mistake, which I can correct with a quick search of freespacemods. Sometimes, the model's just not available. Where I can correct, I will. Where I can't, I'll prune. I have no partcular issue with unreleased ships on the wiki, but they don't belong on that list. However, I also think we need a banner, like the BP and Inferno campaign banners, for ships that aren't publicly available, particularly if said ships use the same style page as is used by the available mods. I'll be making that probably this afternoon.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
While I think the rule makes sense and should be implemented, is it on the Wiki? If not, can you post it in a Guideline page?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Down the bottom, it says:

Add only ready models which are ready for release. It is okay if you later update it.

Which, I'll grant, is a tad ambiguous. I'll edit it for clarity.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Prune the EAF Nyx if you want. Also proved you wrong on 4/5. Be careful Black Wolf. Order is good, overkill, not much so!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The onus should be (and from now on will be) on the creator of the page to put up a download link. I'm going to be going at this, on and off, for a few days (doing it al at once would do my head in, and I have a week off work to fill in). If I remove a page it's because I can't quickly find a download link - as far as I'm concerned, looking for that link is a favour I'm doing to the creator of the page out of respect for the wiki's integrity, but it's far more important to me that there be links on every page than that one or two ships which are publically released aren't on there.

Seriously, it's just happened to me too many times - I see a ship I like, and I can't get it. I snapped today. :)
Rarely Updated P3D.

then thanks for the favors

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
thumbs up to this one Black Wolf
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I do think people making Wiki pages should be responsible for also providing working download links for them. It's your fault if the page gets pruned because you weren't able to find a download for it.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: User-made ships page
What will happen to the Inferno and BP ships then?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Re: User-made ships page
I think that if they're in a released mod with a banner, they can stay. Or they can be linked to the mod that contains the mod like the Angel in the most recent update.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, just link to the mod which contains them.