Author Topic: RELEASE: Machina Terra - model dump  (Read 75135 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
RELEASE: Machina Terra - model dump

After discussion on internal forum, we have decided that time has come to take this step.
Despite the brief burst of activity, during which the team tried to salvage the project, we failed to do that.
Some work was done, but not enough, and the team slowly ceased activity. Aside from an April fools joke, nothing happened out there.
I'm sorry for everybody who waited for a release, though after all this time, I wouldn't be suprised if not many such people left out there.

I thereby, of behalf of all active team members, declare Machina Terra project officially dead. Machine will not awake, not anytime soon.
All our work can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7oq29i1e7k86rq1

These are all contents of our SVN, and unfinished cutscenes made by Styxx.
I hope somebody will, in the future, revive the project, like it happened with 158th, and that this will turn out better than 158th.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: RELEASE: Machina Terra - model dump
Well that's a real shame. Oh well.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I like the Charon and Chimera, still looking through the models.
I hope some of these find a use later on.

Redunantly, the Crash.pof, crashes PCS. :lol:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:58:34 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's actually a terrain model (you can see it in modelview), one I'd like to see fixed, because I have an use for it.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Bah. You people and your bloody modeldumps. No consideration for us hard-working wiki contributors who have to come along after you, and put all these new ships on the wiki! Just keep 'em to yourself next time, OK? :doubt:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
machina terra is gone?... a bump.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Well crud. :( I really hope someone decides to pick things up....just from the released files, there's already so much work put into it.

Lots of sad and angry people in this thread. :(

But, thanks for releasing the assets. I'm going through them (slowly).

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
it is a sad day yet there is still hope
sad to see one of the old mods die entirely
but at least its not taking everything with it
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
First of all, I'm not blaming anyone, because real life comes first.
I'd like to quote Dragon from the internal forums:

I'm just letting you know that the SVN certification expired.
Now, I'm writing in a thread which is on top of the list and get necro warning. It's also the first post this year.
Seriously, this is not how it was supposed to look like. I joined hoping that there will be something to do, effects to work on, textures, etc.
It turned out the awakening of MT did not last long. I support the idea of releasing a modeldump, since from what I see, MT is just dead. Nobody even noticed the project is looking for help. Over half a year and the only thing happening is an april fools joke in a public board.

The only people replying to this were me, Raven2001 & Gloriano. We are just the working force, so there's no project lead to be found anywhere. And without a project lead, a project of this size is simply impossible. It's sad, but I think the decision to stop this and release everything we have done so far was the right choice. Maybe someone will use one of the models for his mod, or get some inspiration while playing one of the almost finished missions.

Don't really know the status of the campaign, but MT15-MT19 should be in a kinda playable state. Yeah, this is some advertisement for the missions done by me, but I don't want all my work to be completely in vain.

Oh, and a special "We're sorry" for CSA-DarthVader, our beloved forum stalker. While most people left, you always were by our side.  :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:58:15 am by DarkShadow- »
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Some of the missions could indeed be in nearly-ready-for-beta state, but unfortunately, there still would be a lot to be done.
BTW, could somebody highlight it? Maybe that'd keep at least the modeldump from being completely forgotten.

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
Already send karajorma a PM about this.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Done'd.

Sad to see this go.. this mod was the one that inspired me to get into modding many MANY years ago...
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
This was actually a long time coming, unfortunately. Sorry CSA-DarthVader :(
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I really hope that people will use the assests since i think some of them are rally nice like TFD Demogorge my favorite suicide ship. I think we should do some kind of 'credit file/post' so that everyone who worked on missions/modeels/textures and everything else get's credit.
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

It's a shame to hear Machina Terra turned out to be dead, that sucks. However, I'm also very happy that you've uploaded all these assets, as many people can make use of more high quality assets to play and fred with. I also hope I can make good use of them.

I hope your talents will be put to good use in another FS2 project in the future.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You clearly haven't downloaded them yet.  :)
These are all retail quality, though designs themselves are great.

I care more about the designs personally, as with shaders and correct lighting, even retail stuff looks a lot better. Besides, I can put more of them on the screen this way..
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It's sad the project died - now browsing through that dump I can see that it'd made a promissing play...

I feel like a scavanger but I think I've a new home for the Chimera, the Garogyle and the Gryphon (although I'll have to make a few changes)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

yeah... forum stalker... shoot i have been on here almost religiously for the past 8-9 years? i joined because of this project... i didnt help out with it because id more than likely eff it up big time, I understand RL and i am really sad to see this go, but life goes on, Thanks for the dump, even though its probably hard to not see the fruits of your labor in a campaign, these models and everything else will help someone out there. God bless you all, R.I.P. Machina Terra