Author Topic: Updates  (Read 71701 times)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Basically I'll use this thread to post up what I should be putting on the website, like screenshots, general information, story teasers, and blah. I'll put it up on the site eventually, I think. Comments are very welcome :)
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Weapons and ships are being finalized.

The NTF Augeas:

The model is still in final texturing and POF data, etc, by Woomeister. It's designed to be a standoff/general purpose fighter (load it with Phoenix Vs) that's fairly weak close in as it's quite slow (only 60 m/s) and has weak shields + hull, but has good maneuverability and the capacity to carry lots of weapons.

The NTF Gryphon:

The NTF's elite forces raid the GTVA's OpEval courses deep inside GTVA space in an audacious attempt to steal the schematics for the GTF Perseus. The result: The NTF Gryphon, an extremely fast yet unmaneuverable interceptor that balances the unmaneuverability with heavy firepower in the form of long-range missiles. Whether this model will ever be completed and turned into a ship is unknown, we're currently using Aldo's Valkyrie II/Stentor model.

The NTF Ragnarok:

Probably will never be done, but presumably an NTF space superiority fighter.

NTF Liche:

Again, probably never be done, but it is the NTF's very own stealth fighter, although it is MUCH heavier than the Pegasus, as you can see.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2002, 07:30:12 pm by 223 »
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
FS1 tech -

GTF Apollo: Still used as a raining craft (and punishment craft). Thrown into combat only in the direst situations.

GTB Athena: "Wild Weasel" craft, e.g. destroys AAA and flak turrets before heavy bombers arrive. Upgrade kits released by Dynamic Metamer during Reconstruction give this ship increased maneuverability, shielding, and payload capacity.

GTF Valkyrie: Standard interceptor. The Perseus hasn't even been invented yet and won't be until the main FS2 campaign begins.

GVF Anubis: See Apollo, except add "kamikaze".

GVB Amun: Still an effective heavy bomber. With two Banshee turrets it's a pain to attack, also.

GVFr Bast: Still easy to kill. If you don't remember, it's the Vasudan Poseidon minus turrets.

Avenger: Still in use. If you examine the table stats it's surprisingly powerful in relation to FS2 weapons. Early in the weapon, it's the most numerous and popular NTF weapon.

Banshee: Also still in use by the NTF in the beginning. Even now quite powerful.

Shield Breaker: Relatively rare. You won't see this weapon much.

Disruptor, Adv. Disruptor: What, you though the NTF was going to use a Vasudan Akheton SDG?

ML-16: Purely in the game for fun. Only use it if you want to, we're not going to force you to..I think :devilidea:

Interceptor: The only real difference between the Interceptor and the Harpoon is that the Interceptor is slightly bulkier and does less damage.

Fury: Fury's in there too. Not quite as effective as the Tempest but you make do with what you have.

MX-50: Still in there, although quite rare. You'll usually see a large quantity of these alongside about half as many Rockeyes in the Team Loadout screen.

Phoenix V: The Trebutchet hasn't even been invented yet - the GTVA forces will use these too.

Tsunami and Harbinger: Still far more of these in supply in the backwater worlds of Polaris, Sirius and Regulus than Cyclops or Helios.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Features:
Note, this is only a rough list and will be added to and expanded soon..Adwight and Black Wolf, feel free to use your Moderator Powers to add and edit and stuff. Thank you :)

A replacement for the SOC

Plot lines that are logical and make sense (hopefully)

Most FS1 weapons

New Weapons

Several new ships

Fighting from the Neo-Terran Front's point of view

An encounter with Lieutenant Commander Snipes

EDIT:  You forgot to add new weapons...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2002, 09:58:36 pm by 425 »
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
New weapons:

The Prometheus Advanced:

Think of the Prom ADV as the NTF's Kayser.

The Tredegar:

The NTF's Subach, with a twist. Derived from the Avenger and a bit of special tech (you can see the resemblance) it has fairly low damage but balances it with high speed. Again, it only does 75% damage to shields, but it does 150% damage to hulls.

The Katyusha:

A dumbfire rocket that's designed to destroy freighters and cruisers. Very cheap to make and quite useful. You can fit 40 in the Medusa's top bank.

Fireball Light Bomb:

A light bomb. 5 can fit in the Athena's second back. Mostly used by the Athena and is effective against cruisers and corvettes. Fast lock time and speed.

Check the site for more info on these ships and weapons - the Augeas description is out of date, however - I'll update it later.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I've added a new screenshots section, go take a look if you like :)
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I've put everything in this thread up on the site and added a bit too..go take a look! :)

I HUNGER FOR YOUR COMMENTS.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
the Augeas looks like an apollo, the other ships look great especially the Ragnarok.

I like the idea of a heavy dumbfire.

the new weapons look good but i don't know about the streams on the prom. adv.

edit: the screenshots on the website look nice.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2002, 03:03:32 pm by 31 »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I might cut the Prom ADV trail in half, I don't know. I'll probably leave it the way it is, though :)
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Things are going well. Black Wolf is making forum graphics for us. I went on a FREDing spree and nearly finished about 4 missions 3 days ago. So for these past two days I've been resting :p

Edit: And for those of you who wonder, I will try to keep you informed even if it's like this, informing you that I'm resting :p
« Last Edit: June 09, 2002, 03:40:45 am by 223 »
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by PhReAk
the Augeas looks like an apollo

It's a tri engine Apollo made from scratch about 6 months ago. I'm not that happy with the maps at the moment. May remap it so it doesn't take 5 maps.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Any word on when Neo Terra Victorious will be completed? This campaign looks like it has potential... :nod:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Currently there's no release date set, but there may be partial releases as we complete the various acts.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Yes, Act I should be done within the year (and that's giving us a LOT of extra time).
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
More plot work is going on behind the scenes. If I told you what it was about, you'd know.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Yet more plot work and Woomeister has given me the unfinished Augeas. I'm POF data-ing (:p) it.

Hopefully, I can coerce Black Wolf into making hud and interface art, along with maybe reskinning it.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I've been "coerced" (:p) The Augeas, which I'm told is now unique to NTV, will have interface art, hud Icons and a somewhat heavily modified skin. Then maybe Alikchi will let  me out of this small metal prison. ;)

[SIZE=1.25]Edit - BTW, I need to know where the Augeas' Squad insigniae will go.[/SIZE]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2002, 03:13:06 am by 302 »
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Originally posted by Black Wolf

[SIZE=1.25]BTW, I need to know where the Augeas' Squad insigniae will go.[/SIZE]

That's a good question, there isn't really a place for them, is there? ..uhh, on the top, right on the engine nacelles? Hmm. *loads Modelview*
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Black Wolf
I've been "coerced" (:p) The Augeas, which I'm told is now unique to NTV, will have interface art, hud Icons and a somewhat heavily modified skin.

Yeah it was dropped from Inferno at the very last minute. Have fun :D

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I'd like them to go here

This section is a real ***** to do well due to texture mapping on the actual model (It comes out skewed, so covering it up with a squad icon would save me a lot of trouble fiddling with angles :).

I know the head looks crap, but these are earlier skins. The current head looks better.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2002, 08:25:05 am by 302 »
Rarely Updated P3D.