Author Topic: Curiosity  (Read 5661 times)

Well... this was one of the projects I once looked forward too, but with the last post almost 5 years ago (6 years after Diaspora) and the board archived in the meantime, it seemed rather unlikely that it'll ever be released, though I of course would be happy to hear otherwise. While there were apparently only a few mods in MG, it seemed to have a ton of cool plot. What I'd like to know is whether it is possible to have the things that have been done (maybe including the design docs?) released instead of having everything fading away.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I can have a dig around and see what I can find. But every once in a while I do really want to see if I can actually get MindGames out. There were some really nice ideas in this campaign.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

There were some really nice ideas in this campaign.

That's why I asked. :nod: How large is the amount of work that would have to be done to get it released, actually, and are all files required present?

Whenever I think of old campaign concepts I also think "It's good, I wish I could get this done someday", but then there're other shiny things to work on... of course you can say "It's my hobby and as long as people go to HLP and play FS it's useful to work on it", I'm just wondering how long that would take.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There were some really nice ideas in this campaign.

That's why I asked. :nod: How large is the amount of work that would have to be done to get it released, actually, and are all files required present?

I'm pretty sure I have everything that was done for MindGames but how much effort it would take to get something out is another issue entirely. Probably quite a bit actually.

Whenever I think of old campaign concepts I also think "It's good, I wish I could get this done someday", but then there're other shiny things to work on... of course you can say "It's my hobby and as long as people go to HLP and play FS it's useful to work on it", I'm just wondering how long that would take.

If I ever do release an FS campaign it will almost certainly be MindGames as that is the one I care the most about. The problem is finding the time for it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Guess I'll have to wait a few more years then.