Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Winter 2020 newsletter, "We're REALLY not dead" edition

<< < (2/4) > >>

Su-tehp:

--- Quote from: CountBuggula on January 22, 2020, 09:10:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: Su-tehp on January 22, 2020, 08:28:31 pm ---Goddamn, but the models here rival the quality of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project. :eek:  :pimp:
--- End quote ---
I know this gets tossed around a lot, but keep in mind that the XWAU guys are extremely constrained with what they can do within the limits of a game/graphics engine that is older than ours and didn't have the fortune of being open-sourced and updated extensively throughout the years.  I give them massive credit for what they've managed to do, and they're talented enough that I have no doubt they'd be able to create models at least as good as ours if they were working with a better graphics engine.  But honestly, if you want even more jaw-dropping visuals, go check out what the XWVM team is doing.  They put us to shame.
--- End quote ---

That's true, the XWAU deserve massive props for what they've done. I didn't remember that the XWing Alliance engine wasn't open-sourced; considereing those restraints they were working under, what they've accomplished is even more impressive. As for the XWVM team, I'll have to take a look, but Discord gives me fits while trying to log in; it won't give me hints to my own password (which I apparently forgot).

--- Quote from: CountBuggula on January 22, 2020, 09:10:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: Su-tehp on January 22, 2020, 08:28:31 pm ---I know you said the B-wing cockpit was still a work in progress; is that why there's an X-wing in the B-wing's shield indicator? :confused:
--- End quote ---
If you're looking at the last screenshot in that list, it's not a B-Wing, but a Z-95 Headhunter.  And that's a Z-95 in the shield indicator, not an X-Wing (but I could forgive you for confusing them).  We haven't shown any public shots of the WIP B-Wing cockpit yet.

--- End quote ---

OIC, that's the Z-95 cockpit; I saw the curved cockpit windshield frame and mistook it for the B-Wing cockpit. Now that you mention it, the angular dashboard does look more like the X-Wing dashboard more than the B-Wing dashboard from the original X-Wing games. Especially so, when you notice the black and red cylinder in both the Z-95 and X-Wing cockpits on the upper-right of the dashboard above the shield indicator.

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: CountBuggula on January 14, 2020, 01:26:39 pm ---*quotes whole OP*

--- End quote ---

Nice job :yes: :yes:
Still, having PR split over a forum and 2 Discords is a bit troublesome.

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on January 23, 2020, 12:50:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: CountBuggula on January 14, 2020, 01:26:39 pm ---*quotes whole OP*

--- End quote ---

Nice job :yes: :yes:
Still, having PR split over a forum and 2 Discords is a bit troublesome.

--- End quote ---
...and YouTube, and ModDB, and...you get the picture.  We go where the people are.  We used to have a strong IRC presence but nobody uses it anymore.  We used to have a much more active forum, but people don't use forums as much anymore.

Nightmare:
Ah OK, I just thought that keeping everything updated would be more difficult.

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on January 23, 2020, 02:13:40 pm ---Ah OK, I just thought that keeping everything updated would be more difficult.

--- End quote ---

Maybe, but that's part of what makes my job so interesting!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version