Announcements > Getting Started

Hi there, I have a question.

(1/3) > >>

darthdoull:
Hi, I just wish to introduce myself. I'm Aaron or darthdoull. I'm from Canada. I bought Freespace 1 when it first released in 1998 and loved it. Bought Freespace 2 the following year when it first released. I've been a long time lurker of Hunter's Freespace Sector. I knew about this site but I never really came over for a visit until now. And that's about it for now, I guess.

My question, I noticed other really, really old threads of people searching and hiring modelers and texturers, nothing recent though. My question is where do I recruit a modeler and a texturer? I need one for a public release mod that I've been working on for a few months.

MatthTheGeek:
You could ask in General Freespace Discussion or Freespace Modding, but I have to be honest with you, we're not really crumbling under modellers and texturers, and especially not any that aren't already busy with other mods or personal projects.

I heavily suggest digging into our growing base of user-made ships to find stuff to toy with for your mod instead.

headdie:
texturing skills especially are in short supply, as matth says looking at community pool of ships or going DIY on it.  indeed often the best way to recruit at the moment seems to be to put together the assets yourself, create a good mod in terms of solid story and gameplay and let people offer to help, IIRC that is how both Blue Planet and Wings Of Dawn got going

darthdoull:
Thanks for the suggestions but using third-party models in this instance just won't do.

I at least need a modeler to create 5 ships. Maybe I could learn how to apply textures... I have 3DX Max 8 and I've tried to follow the instructions in the modelling creation pages but I just don't have the patience for it... :sigh:

I'm also retexturing every Terran ship in the vanilla game for a new species and that's taking up most of my time lately. I need a modeler and a texturer to contribute 5 additional models for the project. I'll try my luck with posting in the modding section... Afterall, it's up to the modeler/texturer if they want to jump onboard. I'll see about creating an informative message...

Thanks for the help!

Lorric:

--- Quote from: headdie on August 24, 2013, 05:38:55 am ---Wings Of Dawn

--- End quote ---
What? I thought Spoon did it all on his own?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version