Author Topic: High Ping  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
How do you combat it? The only thing I do is just set up dual kaysers on an erinyes in the hope that some of those hits actually register, along with rockeyes. But the result leaves much to be desired, for example this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PCYzBxQc08&feature=youtu.be (not dual kaysers, but I was doing so beforehand), where I get 0 kills in a really long dogfight with some stupid AI dudes. Is there a better way of handling it?

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Stop shooting the Mara and shoot in front of it. Lead your shots.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
How? My only feedback is if I hit the ship on my screen, how do I update my aim without knowing if I got the hit or not?

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
When you shoot in front of the enemy and they take damage, you know you're doing it right.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Sounds tricky, but what did I expect? I'll give it a go next week.

My best piece of advice, - if you don't intuitively get this is to have another player, in a TvT fly against you, and get them to fly in a straight line at varying speeds, and shoot along the path of this straight line from a 90 degree angle at varying distances infront of the target.

Your ping is quite high (on that host, it may be that you or they have bad internet, or there's a big distance between you), so you may want to volunteer for the ping-friendly jobs in coop mode - mainly bombing, strategic targeting (disabling, disarming important things), missile boating or similar.

It is quite possible to be an effective fighter in the 350 ping range against AI, but it does take a lot of practise. - Also, if it's an unstable 350 (bounces between 200-450), it's extremely difficult a skill to acquire.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."