Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98322 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
I've gotta finish the ones I've let pile up already 🤣
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline CT27

Plenty of talented VAs on HLP.

Is Darkblade (Admiral Po from BTA and Admiral Wilson from Fall Of Epsilon Pegasi) still around HLP?  I think he'd be a great voice for Admiral Cartwright in AFR.

Also, a few things specifically to Herkie (though others can respond if they want):
-By your own words you said the voices may not be accurate if you edit them...you might want to be careful about that.  For people to like voice acting in a campaign, I think it should sound more normal (and minimal editing to make someone's voice sound different).  Now if you want to slightly alter your tone or accent verbally (without computer modification) to do different minor characters (various Alphas or Betas, etc.) that's fine.  But I think computer alteration of voices should be kept to a minimum.  You once said you could computer edit a male voice to sound female for TBG...I think Courtney Aguilar's voice and Cadezas'  and Jillian's voice should be done by actual females if you do voice acting for TBG.
-On the other hand if you want to do computer voices for Vasudans that's fine since their voices are supposed to be processed through translators anyway.
-Just a suggestion but maybe instead of trying to finish the major updates next year with voice acting all at once...just finish the campaigns themselves and then add in voice acting.  BWO was a big campaign in progress that tried to make a big campaign with voice acting all at once but it never got finished.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but making things into more smaller steps rather than a few giant ones might help things get done.
-Minor correction, but FS stuff is in the 24th century technically.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

Honestly, I don't know where to begin. I'm a bit poor in organizing people to assemble in this endeavor. Voice acting is a huge huge undertaking and I can't do the organizing by myself. AFR has hundreds of dialogue lines (including CBs, Briefings, and Debriefings). And TBG has about a thousand or more, 5 times AFR. I did a string of VAs up to Act 2 of AFR way back in 2014. You'll notice that when you edit the missions, sound clip names are attached to each lines. I did it for all the characters and they are distinguishable. But later, I gave up because I realized that it was actually a huge undertaking. So in this endeavor I cannot be alone. 😁

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
EDITED (multiple times)

... And CT27, there's no need to edit the sound clips to alter the voices if there are actual several Voice Actors. The voices will be as is. I only had to edit the sound clips because there was only ONE actor...me. 😆😅🤣😂

And by "inaccurate," I meant my accent. If I do a British accent for example, I can do it basing on what I've seen in James Bond and Harry Potter films, but it will not be accurate.

I can do the Vasudans, the Rigelians, and Shivans since they are voices emulated by the Translators especially the ETAK for translating Shivans. And...yes, Joe. There are english speaking Shivans, sadly. Well, it's only the translator and you will hear their actual voice in the background like what FS did for the Vasudans. Remember the AFR post-credit scene? The Shivan voices are almost static since they are not really organic beings.

I can do the miscellaneous characters like generic pilots. And CT, if you hear my normal voice, I actually sound like a female, close. He he he. 😁

And of course, a voice acting project is way down in the list of priorities. It may not be done at all. It's a "What If" or "Hopefully" or even "If Ever" project. And yes, actual modding stuff is the main priority.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 10:40:17 pm by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

-Minor correction, but FS stuff is in the 24th century technically.

Yeah... I kept thinking Star Trek...😆

Saw some of the FS2 streams, good stuff Joe. Kudos for going for all optional mission objectives, but don't let the annoying ones get you down. Although suffering does make for good streaming entertainment. :P

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
If anyone can help me find an appropriate background / wallpaper / splash for Sync for the stream December 11th, that would be very helpful. In the meantime I'll use the default FreeSpace splash.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
If anyone can help me find an appropriate background / wallpaper / splash for Sync for the stream December 11th, that would be very helpful. In the meantime I'll use the default FreeSpace splash.

I threw this together for ya, would this work?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_oWjNrpfEpe34sLc5WB-Ibhkay5IhE9Z/view?usp=share_link
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Works for me!
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
 :D
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Time to get the glorious Knights of the Round. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline CT27

RMJ, thanks for your interest in possibly doing voice work for Herkie's planned big future update to AFR/TBG (also FYI to everyone, there will probably be another small update to AFR/TBG coming out relatively soon).

Though adding voice work to AFR/TBG (and making this big update/remake itself) won't happen for a while (not until the second half of 2023 at the earliest probably)...and that's if voice acting happens at all (while Herkie is looking forward to using a new computer system to do a major update/remake to TBG...voice acting isn't a 100% certainty at this point).

Out of curiosity, how would you differentiate the voices of Richter and Snipes?

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I haven't touched FreeSpace Open in 4 months, I wonder how behind the curve I am- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm scared...

Someone give me the tl;dr on changes to FreeSpace Port / Silent Threat Reborn
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

There's been a new MediaVPs update since then, so that. 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Courtesy of Mito:

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
And one dude casually tossing hex ASCII into the stream chat.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.