Author Topic: My BP:AoA review  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Vanion

Hello everyone. I'd like to post my very own review of Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius here, without any spoilers. Could prove difficult, but I'll try ;-)

When I first played the campaign, I was blown away by the level of polish. Granted, I played the revised version 3.6.10, but I didn't encounter ANY show stopping bugs.
Instead, I played a campaign that was immersive from the start to the end. I liked the usage of cutscenes (a few of them could have been streamlined a bit, but I'm not going into detail here), and I absolutely loved the new ship models used.
I also was impressed by the use of custom music... especially in "Forced Entry", from the pumping beats during the earlier phases, to the more distressed music later on.

The story arc - albeit SOMEWHAT predictable - was very intruiguing. I liked the way the story was told; especially the pilot chatter in the first missions was very true to the series. I hope to see more of that in War in Heaven.

In any way, I was impressed by the work you guys have done. I just felt you guys deserved a few words of acknowledgement.

Cheers, Vanion.

In any way, I was impressed by the work you guys have done. I just felt you guys deserved a few words of acknowledgement.

The first campaign was all Darius as far as I know, though he used some other people's models.

The larger crew was only introduced for this second chapter.

Offline Darius

Cool, thanks for the review :) Music selection definitely plays a big part of the creative process to help create the atmosphere that the missions need. We're going through and streamlining the cutscenes in the voice-acted release, so keep an eye out for when that comes out!

I love the fact that every scrap of information from the Shivan first contact through the Ancient and Terran monologues from FS1, and every bit of information about ETAK, the mystery of the Knossos and seemingly unfathomable goals of the Shivans from FS2 were factored into the story here. I honestly think of this particular story as a contender for the title of Freespace 3, a huge amount of thought and cleverness went into the story and setting, and it really pays off.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
What you played was just the first chapter of a trilogy. Reserve your judgment when you've played all three. :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
BP3. . . . . . 
I want that.

I'm volunteering for VA now :)

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You have yet to play even BP2 and you want to skip to BP3? :lol:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Yes!
Get started. ;)

On topic, reviews. . . I think it'd be nice to have reviews for all the campaigns in the wiki.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png