Author Topic: missing flyby sounds?  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
missing flyby sounds?
The following species are missing flyby sounds in sounds.tbl:
UEF

<no module>! KiFastSystemCallRet
<no module>! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>

It happened on start up, did I somehow miss something? I'm using the 3.6.12 inf build, latest media vps, the new age of aquarius stuff, and the war in heaven. Any thoughts?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: missing flyby sounds?
The following species are missing flyby sounds in sounds.tbl:
UEF

<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>

It happened on start up, did I somehow miss something? I'm using the 3.6.12 inf build, latest media vps, the new age of aquarius stuff, and the war in heaven. Any thoughts?

Yep, looks something went wrong in the install somewhere. Should be a very easy fix! Can you just post a debug log?

We'll have it sorted out real quick.

If I have to sleep before I get your reply, go through the installation instructions and make sure you've got everything in the right place: blueplanet2 and blueplanet in their respective folders (named just that), and the 3.61.2 mediavps in mediavps_3612 (folder also MUST be named that.)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:55:47 am by General Battuta »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Please follow installation instructions!

1. You need BP: AoA DC
2. You need AoA update that was released on the same day as WiH

Offline Kosh

Okay, I found the problem. with previous versions I had to manually include the mediavps folder, I didn't know it was done automatically, next time I should read the feature list after I upgrade. Sorry about the scare.

1. You need BP: AoA DC
2. You need AoA update that was released on the same day as WiH

I believe I stated I already have it.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If installation instructions don't tell you to make "manual" alterations, then you're not supposed to.

You've never had to edit mod.ini to include mediavps, they've always had it.

Offline Kosh

No, I manually included it using a flag in the launcher, otherwise the new graphics didn't work.

Brain I/O error

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
wat

1. Before August 07, BP: AoA was not intended to be used with mediavps 3.6.12 due to debug errors about missing effects and textures
2. BP: AoA was updated only hours after mediavps 3.6.12 was officially released

Offline Kosh

Yes, which is why I had downloaded it just now. I only upgraded my fso and mediavps today just to play war in heaven since it sounded so awesome. I was talking about the previous versions of fso and mediavps. Until now it actually worked just fine.

Btw, while loading the first mission I got a couple of errors, although I'm not sure what could have caused it.

Could not load in FictionViewer-m!
<no module>! CreateThread + 30 bytes
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>

Verify failure: Vbuf0 != NULL

<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>

Everything is named right without anymore bogus flags and I created a brand new pilot. So what did I do this time?

Brain I/O error

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Use resolution 1024x768 or larger. It's mediavps bug.