Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

ISD Shields

<< < (2/5) > >>

chief1983:
Yes, ray, and I believe the other type are called particle shields, since they stop particulate matter (ie not photonic like lasers, etc), but I'm not certain on this.

JGZinv:
Particle rings a bell, the ray too now that you brought up Rebel Alliance. :)

So maybe that's another option... just explain it away by saying the failure
of the domes causes a drop in one of those "other" shield types.
Then again, the bride officer did say it was the "deflectors..." specifically.

Ah and there should be atmospheric type shielding (personal), planetary (Bothan planet),
and there was a particular name for the type used on the hanger bays. I want to say... (looking around, one source says ray, another electromagnetic, Deathstar was magnetic, another simply atmosphere containment) but I'm drawing a blank again. But the point I guess, is that there's more than two shield generators, although they may be for other purposes.

G0atmaster:
I agree with Flaser.  I distinctly remember a member of Rogue Squadron flying up close to an ISD, linking his targeting computer with about a dozen Y-wings, who used his targeting info to mass attack the ISD with torpedoes, since their computers' range was shorter than their torpedoes, and Y-wings are too slow to dodge ISD weapons well enough to survive.

Turambar:

--- Quote from: G0atmaster on March 30, 2007, 12:50:51 pm ---I agree with Flaser.  I distinctly remember a member of Rogue Squadron flying up close to an ISD, linking his targeting computer with about a dozen Y-wings, who used his targeting info to mass attack the ISD with torpedoes, since their computers' range was shorter than their torpedoes, and Y-wings are too slow to dodge ISD weapons well enough to survive.

--- End quote ---

that was a lancer frigate

G0atmaster:
DOH.  Good point.  My bad.

Anyway, you get the idea.  If memory serves, they'd taken out an ISD at some point with torps in that series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version