Author Topic: Impiral cockpit  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Topgun

hey, where can I get a cockpit for that TIE I am making? and I am going to need a pilot. if you post one please post it in .cob format, since my model has reached that stage now. 
ps: my tie is almost done! I just need to UV map the cockpit!

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
I really couldn't tell you, never seen a cockpit model for a TIE before.  As of yet, everyone's just making their own cockpits to go with their models.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You can probably get ideas from scifi3d.theforce.net, they have a couple models with some nice cockpits, if you can find a way to open/view them that is.  Other than that, ANH has a few scenes with a lot of cockpit showing, but I don't know where you can find a source model that you can actually use.  Turambar did make a Rebel pilot though, maybe you can use that as a start for an imp pilot.  I'd ask him.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
just make a basic person

then steal the helmet from the jedi academy version, which is probably in my a-wing thread
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

The Tie model cockpit is rather high poly  :)
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
All of the Star Wars fighters have official cockpits.

I play Star Wars Galaxies. It's a good practical three dimensional source for Star Wars canon **** (more or less, mostly more). I actually play it for that reason alone more or less.

If you're looking to stay on point, you can't just slap any **** on there.

Now as far as the Imperial TIE cockpit goes, tough **** on that one since I'm neither an Imperial nor a Rebel pilot (I went the YT-1300 way and got the Millenium Falcon), but I could probably ask people for screenshots of it on the forum or something.