Author Topic: HELP!!! (LODs & stuff)  (Read 1509 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
HELP!!! (LODs & stuff)
I've already posted a similar question earlier, but didn't get too many response  

Anyway, I've got my big caphisp done, and i have TS1 scene with  a set of objects, 4 for the debris, one with the turrets glued (LOD1)  and another 3 for LOD 2...4.

So, how exactly do I glue them together?  Also, I'm using TS1, so will any problems be caused by objects named detail,1 etc?

Finally, when i've been gluing the turrets to the ship, it works out that when I glue the object to the hull, next object I glue is a child of the hull and the previous turret.  Does this matter atall?

What i'm trying to finish

(No one ever seems to answer me   .  Have I done something wrong? - except asking daft newbies Questions)

[This message has been edited by aldo_14 (edited 05-24-2001).]

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I'd love to help, but I have no idea myself...*bump*  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod
Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
FINal Bump before I give up on the Wyvern
( http://uk.geocities.com/aldo_futbol/wyvern.html  )

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
Didn't I tell you how? Or I told somebody... ah wells.
 Basically, you just glues each new level of detail to the main hull as child, like you would a turret (ie, glue light as sibling, glue light/turret combo as child). Only thing is, you have to name the light/turret assembly as Detailxx (where xx= LOD).
 Debris is the same, just call it Debris.
And when you glue the new turret to the turret/hull combo, AFAIK it'll create a "redundant" sub-object in Freespace, which is the combo... This shouldn't cause any problems (apart from it being very annoying) but I know no way of doing it so this doesn't happen.

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die young"
"Do not fear the chickens. Become one with the chickens. Respect the chickens and... #BOK!# LEG IT!!!"
The Claw- Project Coordinator and modeller of Alternate Reality and official spare wheel of The Perfect Storm...
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by The Claw:
Didn't I tell you how? Or I told somebody... ah wells.

Yeah, but I got confused and screwed it up    Anyway, I think I can fix it now  
  Cheers!

------------------

Hello ;)