Author Topic: Conversations from Tenebra  (Read 15056 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Conversations from Tenebra

These conversations are chronologically ordered and non-simultaneous.

Aboard GTD Atreus

Vampires. Track 12, count 24, origin Solaris platform (DD-03/CCV01). Response smoke. Smoke up. Count 23. Response phalanx. Phalanx up. Count 12. Response chainmail. Damage report -

New track. Vampires. Track 13, count 48, origin Solaris platform (DD-03/CCV01). Response smoke -

Continuing pattern 2, WINTER KING, target Solaris (DD-03/CCV01). Mass check. Heat check. Power check. Initiate fire cycle. Stand by -

Sir, Serkr reports their target is withdrawing. War plot updated with the last sweep -

Scythe Actual, pull in to bullseye plus one, provide close cover against bomber attack. Be advised, hostile group CCV is launching a new package. Check datalink -

"Sir."

"Captain Lindemann."

"Rear Admiral Leinonen wishes to report that the Saturn engagement was successfully resolved."

"I've seen. Very good."

"Sir. Will we be pressing our advantage? The Toutatis may stand and fight - "

"Not today, Captain. Some day we'll dance our little dance to the end. But not today."

Aboard UEFg Masyaf

"What was it like for you in there?"

"The Red Room? I barely remember. I didn't stay long."

"Nothing to heal? No damage to fix? Typical."

"Vidaura brought me in. I was ready the moment the implants took. Before that, probably."

"Mm."

"Speaking of damage. Looked outside?"

"She's a wreck. You think she'll fight again?"

"Remains to be seen."

"Is this supposed to be a metaphor, Falconer?"

"**** no. I don't think she'll survive one mission."

Aboard GTD Carthage

"Sir."

"Captain. Please, take a seat. Would you like a drink?"

"Not today, sir. I - here - have the latest reports. Armor's back to spec, including the reactive packages. But the structural damage goes deep."

"We won't be able to transit the node."

"Not for another two weeks, minimum."

"And the battle group?"

"The Deianira and Iolanthe are both fit to fight. Crews have been cycling through Neptune HQ for decompression and psych scrub. The Radhanite has finished her drive workup. As for the rest..."

"As wrecked as our air wing?"

"Effectively."

"I hate this place, Captain."

"Sir?"

"This dockyard. This system. This war. I hate what it's done to us. I hate what we had to do."

"It was a decisive victory, sir - "

"That's not the question. Was that ever the question, with him in command? The question, Captain, is what you pay, and why. What you feed the machine."

"Sir. On that note. I - several other captains and I would like to assist you with the letters you've been writing."

"That's my job. Call a staff conference for 0800 tomorrow, Captain. I'm going to detach the Radhanite for some maneuvers and I want to have the fuel to top her off when she returns. We're on our way out of this war, Captain, but we're not gone yet."

Luna City, Luna

"Elements, Overwatch. I have municipal access. Target is local and traceable."

"Elements, Entry. We have your trace. We have authorization to bag. Executing -- "

"Hold! Overwatch has one-five individuals breaking out of social traffic and converging on the suite. Hand weapons and armor -- "

"****."

"Hostiles are in the municipal net. Attempting to isolate and - "

"They're SOC. Grab the target and get out. I'm scrambling local law enforcement and spaceborne assets. Execute now!"

"Copy that. All elements, there's another shark in the water, we are executing immediate. Go go go."

"****."

Jiuhua Shan, Anhui Province
listen to this conversation

"Admiral. May I?"

"Martin. Please. Call me Wen Jian. It's been too long."

"It's a lovely model. Laser planed?"

"Yes. She's the Arifiel. One of mine."

"I came here to ask you a question, face to face. It's one we've asked and argued about before. But it comes back to me again and again."

"Morpheus."

"Yes. You read it. Is it the reason? For all this?"

"It is never, ever wise to seek a single cause for something so vast, Martin. Your Council taught me that."

"But is it a reason?"

"Of course it is."

"Steele's coming. I don't need to be an Admiral to know that."

"He'll hit you as hard as he can, every day, every hour, to keep you on your back foot. And then he'll give you an opening. He'll give ground. You'll spring for it. You'll take the lives he offers you as credit: this is a real victory. You'll stretch yourself out and feel a little hope and then...he'll snuff you out."

"You know him?"

"He tried to do it to me in an exercise, when I really was an Admiral. You have weeks. Days."

"Second and Third Fleets are out of our control. If we could just draw them back from Steele - save their strength for - "

"I have a question for you, Martin. Vicmouth's report. Taudigani's recovered files. I've decided to act, and I want your approval."

"What will you do?"

"Nothing. But my son - "

War in Heaven Act 3: Tenebra is coming soon.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:38:57 am by General Battuta »

Re: Conversations from Tenebra
Oh my god you're doing it. You're making it happen.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
attempt to hook successful, very intriguing saying lots and nothing much of substance compared to what we know
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Aesaar

IT'S HAPPENING.

These were just as interesting as the last set.  Which is to say, very.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Did the Toutatis get beamed? Can we get a discount? Super excited for more BP!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Who the hell is Wen Jian?

Also,

IT'S HAPPENING
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Admiral Bei Wen Jian. Ex-CO, 14th Battlegroup, GTD Orestes.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
GOD

MY

OH

(I thought Bei was the surname, or do they put surname first I guess?)
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Yeah, a lot of Asian languages (and Hungarian) do that. Sam's full name is Samuel Bei Cheow Keng, so I suppose his parents combined the two systems.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
"What will you do?"

"Nothing. But my son - "

LAPORTE/SAMUEL DUEL, No Shivans, No Vishnans, No Feds or Tevs, Final Destination.

PS: Netreba is forked.

Well, I only want to say that I'm waiting with impatience for this release. BP was always specific mod to me :D I hate AoA truly, but War in Heaven was a mod which "forced" me to play it more then once. Much much better than it's first part. I hope that this trend will continue ;)

Er... but these damn final exams in High School. I don't even have enough time to play or keep on with my own mod...

Offline crizza

Great, can't wait to get it :)

I can already tell that this release is going to be amazing.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Looks awesome :D

Luna City - I presume we're seeing Fedayeen vs SOC - but who is the target that they both want?!?!  If it were from a SOC POV and the Fedayeen were trying to stop them it would be simpler, but it seems that the Fedayeen are bagging someone and the SOC are either stopping them, or bagging the same target?  Maybe the target is a UEF defector (or similar) that the Fedayeen are "taking into protective custody" and the SOC are trying to extract?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline ^Graff

Looks awesome :D

Luna City - I presume we're seeing Fedayeen vs SOC - but who is the target that they both want?!?!  If it were from a SOC POV and the Fedayeen were trying to stop them it would be simpler, but it seems that the Fedayeen are bagging someone and the SOC are either stopping them, or bagging the same target?  Maybe the target is a UEF defector (or similar) that the Fedayeen are "taking into protective custody" and the SOC are trying to extract?
Probably the person who leaked the information about Elder Lin Taudigani to Steele.
Originally posted by Anduril:
Dang, Graff, you good.  :)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
ah yes, that would fit, thanks :D
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CT27

As a GTVA supporter, there's some good sounding stuff and some worrying stuff in there.

I hope the Carthage doesn't mutiny.

Since that would pretty much trash Lopez as a character I don't think it will. She might hate the war and the toll it takes, but she knows what's at stake given the alternative.

Offline Useful Dave

• I'm Useful
If the count is referring to the salvo-sized from a Solaris, that's a painful amount of hurt they can fling free.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Makes sense - "vampires" is a contemporary term for incoming missiles, and a Solaris can fire up to 48 in a salvo :)

Aboard NATO vessels, the use of the brevity code 'Vampire' indicates incoming hostile anti-ship missiles. The warning is usually repeated twice, as is standard for all military warnings issued in combat
----
----