Author Topic: "Personas" voice files  (Read 581 times)

"Personas" voice files
This isn't a "problem", so to speak, but it's something that I'd really like to do. Basically in certain campaigns, I'll use Derelict as my example, the "personas" voice messages don't play. I assume everyone knows what I'm referring to, but just in case it's the "Bandits incoming!", "Yes sir, breaking to attack!", "I'm on it!" types of messages. Back in the day when all I had was the retail version of FS2 and downloaded these campaigns, those types of messages still played despite the rest of the dialogue not being voiced. For some reason, however, when I'm playing through Knossos they never play, and I'd really like to figure out how to get them to work again. It seems to me like it should be a simple enough fix but I still can't figure out how to do it.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: "Personas" voice files
That's by design. In FRED you have an option per mission to disable "Built-in" radio messages, also known as the personas. Derelict has its personas disabled, largely because we never recorded any dialogue for the personas and having Alpha 2 sound like 4 different guys would just be weird. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta