Author Topic: Temporal Mechanics archive cracked!  (Read 17788 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Temporal Mechanics archive cracked!
As mentioned in a previous news post, Star-Epock recently asked for help in obtaining data for the old Temporal Mechanics campaign that was trapped in an encrypted archive with a forgotten password.  After many processor-hours of decryption by several members of the community, Fabian finally managed to crack the file and retrieve the campaign data.  Many thanks to Fabian and everyone else who lent a hand!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Re: Temporal Mechanics archive cracked!
I think he deserves a new title for this. Also, this means he's automatically included in the TM team, correct?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yay, another newspost not posted by an admin. :)

I've given him an enhanced title.  Though since TM is dead, and Star-Epock hasn't been around for nearly two months, I'm not sure if there's a team to speak of.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Nice, do we get to see what was inside?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Or is this one of those "It was for the journey, not the destination" type things? :wtf:

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
That sounds so Zen.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, that smells of asshattery.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
... Reflecting on how many people were trying hard to crack the archive, I have to agree with you. If its just gonna die now, it'd be a major disappointment.

Offline cloneof

I totally hope that they complete the campaing.

I going to take up Temporal Mechanics.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I going to take up Temporal Mechanics.
Whadd'ya mean "take up" ?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm fairly sure the old dev team gets first refusal on it. And maybe a few others.

Wow, congratulations...  I still wrack my head over it every so often when someone mentions 'FS2' and it still eludes me.  That's one less thing to think about :)

I've seriously got no desire to continue this campaign - occasionally I mull over the concept and realise how hackneyed it actually was, so if someone can do something better, be my guest!  :yes:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Griff!!!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Davros

what is this temporal mechanics thing ?

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
an old campaign, one of the first generation modded campaigns, started before BWO or TM.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Oh? I have never heard of this before, and I'm not an HLP newcomer. This campaign must be really, really old.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well, it was also one of the first to never get done.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
well, it was also one of the first to never get done.
There's just something semantically wrong with that statement...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
There's just something semantically wrong with that statement...

well, it was also one of the first to remain unfinished.

Uhh, fixed? :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?