Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

RELEASE: wxLauncher 0.10.1 beta [Updated 2015/09/26]

<< < (5/115) > >>

kkmic:
The easyflags droplist has ATM the same options as the old launcher. We'll consider adding the recommended  values to a new entry in the easyflags, since the easyflags list will get a _major_ overhaul.

Zacam:
A minimize button.

And I'm probably the only one to encounter this, but I have an application called WinRoll that allows me to "window shade" rollup windows,

If I "roll up" the wxLanucher, the "Advanced Settings" feature list then completely fills the window on roll down and nothing else is available, necessitating a restart.

Bobboau:

--- Quote from: Iss Mneur on February 05, 2010, 09:16:16 pm ---

--- Quote from: Bobboau on February 05, 2010, 08:03:42 pm ---I have not looked at the source but from what I see in the executable you need to use sizers, it will make your interface a lot cleaner and dynamic.

also make the play button a lot bigger and prominent.

--- End quote ---
We are using sizers (everywhere actually) , which is why some of the elements are so flattened against each other as the sizers do not have any boarders set.  What specifically were you thinking was not done with sizers?

--- End quote ---

well the layout seems static, for one thing the border isn't resizeable, for another thing the controls aren't distributed evenly. I supposed this could just be because it's an early build, but that's normally the first thing I fix with interface code, before I even make the interface functional. but I suppose that's just the way I do it.

Iss Mneur:

--- Quote from: Zacam on February 06, 2010, 05:51:10 pm ---A minimize button.

--- End quote ---
Windows does not allow having the context help question mark and a minimize/maximize box on the title bar at one time. That being said we are going to have to do something so that there is a context help button on linux and OSX as they do not provide those as options.

--- Quote from: Bobboau on February 06, 2010, 08:12:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: Iss Mneur on February 05, 2010, 09:16:16 pm ---

--- Quote from: Bobboau on February 05, 2010, 08:03:42 pm ---I have not looked at the source but from what I see in the executable you need to use sizers, it will make your interface a lot cleaner and dynamic.

also make the play button a lot bigger and prominent.

--- End quote ---
We are using sizers (everywhere actually) , which is why some of the elements are so flattened against each other as the sizers do not have any boarders set.  What specifically were you thinking was not done with sizers?

--- End quote ---

well the layout seems static, for one thing the border isn't resizeable, for another thing the controls aren't distributed evenly. I supposed this could just be because it's an early build, but that's normally the first thing I fix with interface code, before I even make the interface functional. but I suppose that's just the way I do it.

--- End quote ---
So far we have not had any reason to make the interface move controls around that is why they are "static".  As for the window not being re-sizable, it is consciously that way because as with moving the controls we have not seen the point.  That is, all of the controls and the layout are designed to be more or less the same size no matter the resolution.

As for the controls not being spaced correctly, that is more to do with that we have not finalized what controls and there respective sizes well be (actually we have yet to move some controls to a different tab all together).  Because of this, I have not spent the time to fiddle to make the controls look decently spaced.

That being said, this is the time to get your 2 cents in about the layout of the launcher, like Karajorma, The_E and Zacam have already. So if there is some design pattern that you think would work better we would be happy to hear it.

Bobboau:
having a resizeable frame and have all the controls inside adjust properly should be trivial to implement if your using sizers. resizeable dialogs are generally preferred in most of the HCI guidelines I recall reading, though I can't think up a specific pattern off the top of my head.

similarly with the location, sizers don't usually lend themselves to some of the odd uneven distributions, like what you see in the basic settings tab for example. I would have expected all those high level group boxes to have been even with each other, and filled the available horizontal space.

but it's WIP, very early alpha, so what eva.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version