Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Cross-Platform Development

DEB packages for Ubuntu

(1/11) > >>

UbuntuFS2:
Hi,
I have a project to make DEB packages for Ubuntu with FS2 SCP...
I have a couple of questions before I start anything :

1) Has anybody tried to run the game from "/usr/games", with the data placed in "/usr/share/games" ?
What options should i compile the game with to test this configuration ?

2) How could we include free data in the source tree to make packaging easy ?

3) We need an easy way to get nonfree data from the CDs to make an easy install on Linux...

Thanks for your answers.

Bobboau:
also keep in mind most players are going to have dual boot systems and thus will have all the non-free files on an existing partition. so an option to select the installed directory might be good to have.

chief1983:
Putting the data and the game binary in different locations is something I filed a Mantis issue for, and that we are getting close to being able to support.  #2119.  Feel free to add any comments if you want.  I don't think it's an insurmountable task, and would just make the engine a little more robust to support this.  It will probably need to be done for one, for the new wxLauncher to manage multiple versions of the binaries in a clean manner.  Unfortunately, it's not coded in to support this yet, but if you're interested in looking at that area of the code, let me know.

UbuntuFS2:
I would like to know, what is the license of the source code ? And the new media VPs ? And the old ones ?

The E:
SCP Source License is
--- Code: ---Copyright (C) Volition, Inc. 1999.  All rights reserved.

All source code herein is the property of Volition, Inc. You may not sell
or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based
on the source.
--- End code ---

MediaVPs are not under any license whatsoever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version