Author Topic: Terran, Vasudan and Shivan Technology  (Read 20152 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Terran, Vasudan and Shivan Technology
But why limit yourself?!?! What's the point in not using T/V technology WHEN YOU CAN?!?!?! To make yourself weaker?

Politics.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well that would explain a LOT of things that are screwy around FS2 when you think about it. POLITICS.

I'm for leaving everiothing up to the admirals since well they can pretty much do a much better job at supervising and creating orders for good ships . I mean Bosch comes to mind. Sure he was a bit of a genocidal maniac but hey noones perfect.

That beeing said I LOVE the Deimos simply because it is the best result of a combined effort from both terrans and vasudans to create something good. And we have to agree that the Deimos really has no equal in FS 2 .
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What, is Gordon Brown involved?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I just like to point out the the Iceni's beams we seen might have been the result of an overload :P
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I just like to point out the the Iceni's beams we seen might have been the result of an overload :P
I doubt that. Doesn't it use BGreens as standard weaponry?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I think it is hard to tell what "standard" weaponry on the Iceni is, considering how much it changes from mission to mission and how unbalanced it is in the tables from one side to the other, though I think it probably would use BGreens normally, judging by the size of the ship and the tech description.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I think it is hard to tell what "standard" weaponry on the Iceni is, considering how much it changes from mission to mission and how unbalanced it is in the tables from one side to the other, though I think it probably would use BGreens normally, judging by the size of the ship and the tech description.
Hmm...I did recall seeing and hearing the Iceni using BGreens against the GVCv Asar inthe FreeSpace 2 mission "Rebels & Renegades".
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well acording to the tech room the Iceni boasts 3 BGreens and various other weaponry on it. From flack's to aaaf beams however its aaaf defences are so bad they are no better then those of the Orion's. However for a ship its size it has more firepower then a Hecate class destroyer (fighter/bommber's not inclueded) I mean there is no ship in FS 2 at least no GTVA ship aside from perhps the Orion that can outgun it in thi department since the Iceni can bring to bear on a single target ALL 3 BGreens.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
*pushes old thread*

One of the few things that really annoy me about FS is the lack of love for detail. In FS1 it is okay for me that there seem to be no specific vasudan weapons. I mean, they are at war for 14 years, so the easy explanation that they just stole technology from each other, works fine here. But I do not like that Shivans just use the same secondaries as well - they even use Cyclops torpedos in FS2, how shiftless that is!!

What also makes me rolling my eyes regularly is that the GTVA doesn't seem to use any primaries or secondaries developed by a Vasudan contractor - except for the Akethon.

*pushes old thread*

One of the few things that really annoy me about FS is the lack of love for detail. In FS1 it is okay for me that there seem to be no specific vasudan weapons. I mean, they are at war for 14 years, so the easy explanation that they just stole technology from each other, works fine here. But I do not like that Shivans just use the same secondaries as well - they even use Cyclops torpedos in FS2, how shiftless that is!!

What also makes me rolling my eyes regularly is that the GTVA doesn't seem to use any primaries or secondaries developed by a Vasudan contractor - except for the Akethon.

It's just names.... Would you feel better if they made duplicates of every weapon and the only thing different would be the name?

Offline blowfish

For the bombs, yes.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
No worries, FSU is on it. Look at the Shivan bombs thread. They've got Shivan Bombs!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline blowfish

I know.  I started that thread.

Offline Droid803

Oh right. Forgot.
*mutters something and walks away*
(´・ω・`)

Well acording to the tech room the Iceni boasts 3 BGreens and various other weaponry on it. From flack's to aaaf beams however its aaaf defences are so bad they are no better then those of the Orion's. However for a ship its size it has more firepower then a Hecate class destroyer (fighter/bommber's not inclueded) I mean there is no ship in FS 2 at least no GTVA ship aside from perhps the Orion that can outgun it in thi department since the Iceni can bring to bear on a single target ALL 3 BGreens.

AFAIK it was 2 BGreens on one target. The Orion has two more TerSlashes on one target, though.
2 BGreen + 2 TerSlash = dead Iceni.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Iceni has about the same AAA defenses as a Fenris, maybe a Leviathan.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

I'd point out that we are seeing the Terran designations for the weapons, of course they look Terran. For all we can actually prove the Kayser, Prometheus, and Circe are being built by Vausdan companies.

Or, considering the comments on the feebleness of most Vasudan warships in the Aten's techroom entry for FS1, it might be that the Terrans are simply better at weapons design.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seem to recall that if a **** is in front of it the Iceni can let loose with all 3 BGreens .  (someone correct me if i'm wrong) Oh and i read about someone stating that the Iceni is an unbalaced ship. (Do you really wannna start the whole Lilith debate all over again? )
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Droid803

Iceni has about the same AAA defenses as a Fenris, maybe a Leviathan.

Less. A Levi has 4 AAAf. A Fenris has 2. The Iceni has 0. Its closer to the Moloch, with just some blobs and flak. (except in Rebels and Renegades. In that scenario, its probably got as good anti-fighter defense as a Deimos).

However, it has MUCH better antifighter defense than an Orion (which has NONE in my books). You can fly along both broadsides, the front and the rear, and never come under fire from more than a single Terran Turret... The AAAf beams are on the top and bottom surfaces, and are worthless. the Orion has no flak to its name. (Except the Uhuru, which has flak instead of THT's).

I seem to recall that if a **** is in front of it the Iceni can let loose with all 3 BGreens .  (someone correct me if i'm wrong) Oh and i read about someone stating that the Iceni is an unbalaced ship. (Do you really wannna start the whole Lilith debate all over again? )

No, the Iceni can bring a Maximum of two. The turrets do NOT have a 180 field of fire and cannot fire forward at all. The Iceni's frontal turrets are blobs.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:59:49 am by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Say what?? So oki you have the 2 turrets on the sides. and the third is where exactly?
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )