Author Topic: It's me!  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I will be most impressed if someone remembers me from Firstones or VWBB... I still remember the first TBP web site. The Ugly green one with the picture of Omega model that did not work in the game.

Back in the glory days of R1 I released my first campaign - Movements in the Mist (MitM), and was coing to start work on the PSI corp campaign with Lady Rose. But then I lost my net connection. And have been forced to lurk around the dark corners as an anonymous shadow. Terrible isn't it?

But now I'm making my way back! I'm hoping to have my own connection back soon. I also have updated version MitM waiting for release. As well as MitM2 (about 10 missions, pretty much finished). Work on In the Mist (kind a like opposing force for MitM) has began.

There is a problem however. I need to extract the core.VP file so I can see what anis and sounds are there I can use. I also need to take a look at the Omegas textures so I can make my own nameplates. And I hate VP files and want to get rid of them.

I am using VPview2.0. But it just gives me an error message (W2Kprof) and closes the program. The other VPs I can open just fine, but the core is troublesome. I am worried it might be a bad download... The game works fine though.

Any suggestions? Anyone else had this problem?
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Your name rings a bell. Certainly it's nice to have someone working on a campaign. In answer to your question about VPView, try openning the vp using the menus. Rather than file association (double clicking the vp file in Windows Explorer). That sometimes helps.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
I do remember you, I was fairly suprised when you vanished (I think you wrote e-mail about it?). Anyway Psi Corps campaign crashed and sank along time. Maybe you have intrest to carry on Tale of EAS Janus foward (I don't have time for it anymore)? ;7

Neverless good that you're back, community always has use for mission makers :)
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by IPAndrews
file association (double clicking the vp file in Windows Explorer).

I have never even tried that. I always use menus...
Have you noticed that the Venom 1 and 2 seem to be mixed up? I cant seem to be able to get the AP version in the game. Both AI and player always get the HE version no matter what I try. I'm thinking berhaps the .tbl is screwed? Can't really find the problem when I cant open that infernal VP.

Originally posted by Miburo
I do remember you, I was fairly suprised when you vanished (I think you wrote e-mail about it?). Anyway Psi Corps campaign crashed and sank along time.

I was fairly suprised to never see the campaign anywhere (Honour of Omega, was it?)... Why did it die? I think I still have the script hidden away along with those PSI corp poster thingys...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You have a completed campaign, you say? Where?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by Prophet
I was fairly suprised to never see the campaign anywhere (Honour of Omega, was it?)... Why did it die? I think I still have the script hidden away along with those PSI corp poster thingys...

Miburo recruited me to do some missions for that campaign and thus introduced me to FS2 modding community. If I remember correctly, I made about seven missions for HoO. They all pretty much sucked :D

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I have that problem also the core vp will not open up (I downloaded it twice in case of corruption) but the game plays fine... all other vp's from diff projects open.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Do a search for QuickVP.  I've found that it can open the TBP core VP.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
Do a search for QuickVP.  I've found that it can open the TBP core VP.

Thanks, I'll have to try that. But I don't seem to be able to find a working link anywhere.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I tried VPmage and managed to get the tables out, good. But it doesn't seem to get the textures out in a working condition... Does anyone now a site where I can get the QuickVP from? All links I've found are dead...

Another thing... While going trought the tables I noticed that the Venom 2 (tha AP version) now has remote detonate and spawn cluster flags on it, like Venom 1... Why? I liked the R1 version better...

Offline redmenace

Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
:doh:

Where do you think I got the VPmage? Thanks anyway...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I remember that name. You probably don't remember me, though - I never used to hang around TBP that much. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline redmenace

If there is another VP program I don't have backed up on warpcore maybe some one else will have it.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I advise you to add this to the warpcore archives.  The "About" tab tells me it was made by "SabrWolf", so make sure he gets credit... if you can find him.  I bring you QuickVP.  Lucky for you guys I archive pretty much everything I download.  This (along with several other programs) was in my Freespace Tools directorty.  Since this program was a WIP of sorts, there are some problems.  I've noticed a tendancy for occasional wierdness when extracting files.  It sometimes wants to extract more files than those you select.  That said, it will access the TBP core VP files.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by Setekh
I remember that name. You probably don't remember me, though - I never used to hang around TBP that much. :)

I remeber you. TBP forums weren't the only ones I crep around. They were just pretty much only forums I posted on anything.

Oh, and thatnks for the QuickVP. I'll have to try it tonight. If it works I can get back to my mission making... :devil:

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
I advise you to add this to the warpcore archives.  The "About" tab tells me it was made by "SabrWolf", so make sure he gets credit... if you can find him.  I bring you QuickVP.  Lucky for you guys I archive pretty much everything I download.  This (along with several other programs) was in my Freespace Tools directorty.  Since this program was a WIP of sorts, there are some problems.  I've noticed a tendancy for occasional wierdness when extracting files.  It sometimes wants to extract more files than those you select.  That said, it will access the TBP core VP files.

http://scp.indiegames.us/download.php?view.124

It has been added to warpcore and to the website. I named the author as SabrWolf.
              -Frederic Bastiat