Author Topic: BSG:BTRL Demo release!!!!  (Read 25776 times)

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Re: BSG:BTRL Demo release!!!!
Wow, I have been away entirely too long.  What a wonderful end-of-Lent surprise! *downloads*

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
you realy were spoiled by SCP, werent you?

No, I just have an actual brain and a valid artistic opinion.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
You should put that in your sig, that way if there's any question all they need to do is look down and read beofre they comment...

;7

Of course I knew you had one all along...  :lol:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I also tried the show-ship stuff and even with the lowpoly or better said lowres textures it gives the game quite a different feeling and I love it. Just slap some more highres textures into the cockpit and its done.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Just slap some more highres textures into the cockpit and its done.

you sure about that?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
What's the field of view on that image? Looks like 60-70 degrees in my estimation.

That's one of the reasons why I would love to see in-game adjustable field of view...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
is that the viper?

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
yes, viper mk2 cockpit
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

... I'm turning on Show Ship now!
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
That's not the one in the demo.

Sings battelstar galactica UK Intro theme.

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
i just realized that cockpit would cause one hell of a slowdown.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
takashi. Your system is crap, upgrade. Practically every SCP addition causes some sort of slowdown on your machine. Give it a rest.

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
not everyone can afford 150 dollar gfx cards and 1000 dollar systems. ya jerk.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Dude. Any system with a graphics card made in the last three or four years can run BTRL. You can get a decent card for like $60, or a card that will run BTRL for like $20.

The one thing I didn't like about the demo (everything else was great) was the voiceover. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely the most professional sounding thing I've heard in an FS2 mod... but it's so damn unclear with the BSG radio distortion effect and background chatter. I had to check the message line to understand what was going on when it got too heavy. I could adjust the audio volumes I guess, but for me it doesn't work well at the default levels.

No, it doesnt. Those cockpits are already in the game, and are loaded with the models, so it doesn't matter. you just have to activate Show Ship in the table entry if you want to see your ship from the inside.

The one thing I didn't like about the demo (everything else was great) was the voiceover. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely the most professional sounding thing I've heard in an FS2 mod... but it's so damn unclear with the BSG radio distortion effect and background chatter. I had to check the message line to understand what was going on when it got too heavy. I could adjust the audio volumes I guess, but for me it doesn't work well at the default levels.

With any wav editor you can raise the sounds of the voice-overs a lot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
not everyone can afford 150 dollar gfx cards and 1000 dollar systems. ya jerk.

a Graphics card for 150 $ I wish my had cost so little, besides have you tried to overclock your old system you can normally improve the performance quite alot by adding a few fans and do some tweaking in the BIOS (Of course if you are going to do this you need to know what you are doing)
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

No, it doesnt. Those cockpits are already in the game, and are loaded with the models, so it doesn't matter. you just have to activate Show Ship in the table entry if you want to see your ship from the inside.

I think he's talking about the new cockpit, which is not in the game as yet.

Offline Krackers87

• 158 crew
Added mirrors on Hades-combine for mac, windows and linux ver.
Put this in your profile if you know someone who is fighting, has survived, or has died from an awp no scope.

just like seventies goofballs
he's waiting on last calls
well listen method man
'cause if you leave on the last line
don't leave on the ground kind
born just a little too slow