Author Topic: Question  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
I've played Freespace for a while, but FRED makes me furious. I'm the sort of person who likes writing, but when the time comes to actually try FREDing the missions I write, I get lost.

So, my question is:

If I script a campaign, would anyone here be willing to bring it to life?

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Extremely doubtful.  FREDders are in short supply even on projects that have many staff members.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
It depends how good the script is, really.
But there aren't many free FREDders.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Yikes.

Then FREDders are apparently a lot like Jedi: adepts to a power nobody really understands, wrapped up in activities nobody really knows anything about, and purposely enigmatic.

*Rick James ponders orchestrating a Great FREDder Purge

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
You won't win.

However, FRED is not the only recourse. But I do recommend examining missions you are already familiar with in it.

At the very least, use it's background manipulation ability after defining suns and effects. The strategic placement of these items in a viewable interface is priceless.

After that, it becomes a lot easier.

Otherwise, you are like me: Missing out on cool options because you are only doing it by hand in a unicode text editor.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I've signed up for AB but haven't recieved mission 10.....I'll chase Blue Lion up about that

So I've resorted to FRED-ing that mini campaign to keep myself occupied

Send me what you have and I might be able to assist you