Author Topic: What made you blink?  (Read 8577 times)

Offline Kie99

Phoenecia certainly dies more often in FSO than retail for me.  Must be some alteration to the guardian flag, the BFRed is so bloody powerful it kills the Phoenecia before the guardian flag activates.  It happened in Retail sometimes, but its much more frequent in FSO.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I've found the opposite.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

The Phoencia usually died when I played that mission in retail FS2.  I haven't played it in FS2O yet.  I usually played on easy or medium(normal?).

Shark333,

:welcomegreen:
Fat people are harder to kidnap :ha:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The Phoenicia never died for me...yet :p
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Phonecia Lives Club. The Phonecia has to be 100% intact to gain admittance.  :D

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

:p :p Before or after repairs?  :p :p

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
The Phonecia never dies for me. :P
It always has 1% health. :lol:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

What made me blink?: Hmm... when I 1st died in "Into a Lion's Den" when I didn't listen to Snipes (poor me) wins.

Phoenicia died for me the 1st time I played the mission, but later times, it often survives at 3% or 1% hull integrity. BTW I'm a retailer, FS2Open crash club ftw!

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Did you use the installer?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Did you use the installer?

Yes actually, but I don't have the specs to run FS2Open
Also installed OpenAL.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

:p :p Before or after repairs?  :p :p
It just has to live.

someddrnoob,
:welcomesilver:
(I don't know if this has been done.)

Thanks, I've never been welcomed before.

I forgot to mention, in Derelict, where you see the Volition Bravos, the wake up moment pretty much surprised me, thought I was gonna die.

That was my 2nd blink moment.

Offline Nissan

Hmm... two things come to mind, both from FS1.

When I first played "Paving the Way", I jumped out early-- at the same time the Galatea was warping out, but a few seconds before it fully entered subspace.  It made for a pretty cool scene, with the big warship entering the portal in the background.  Then I got to the debriefing and Admiral Shima's screaming at me... "The Galatea was destroyed, and YOU are to blame!"  After briefly wondering how 2 Shivan bombers could unload 18 Harbingers in 3 seconds on an Orion traveling 450 m/s, I decided to just avoid the situation entirely in the future...

Later I was replaying the main campaign on Easy, and on the mission with the shield prototypes (Hammer and the Anvil?) I decided to take a few early shots at one of the then-friendly HoL fighters before it went hostile.  After five shots all the green dots on my radar turned red, Alpha 3 shouted something about treason, and I learned the fun way what Traitor Mode was.
"Uh, yeah, I mean it's tough to say, woulda-coulda-shoulda, ifs and buts like candy and nuts, you know, you never know.  This, that, and the other thing.  Who knows?  You know, there are a lot of what-ifs.  You know, my whole life is a lot of what-ifs."
- San Antonio Spurs F Matt Bonner

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
:welcomeorange:
Nissan!

The Shivan (and Terran) mind works in strange ways...

(Wow. This is like my 5th welcome today!)

I forgot to mention, in Derelict, where you see the Volition Bravos, the wake up moment pretty much surprised me, thought I was gonna die.

That's my favorite too. That wierd dream sequence freaky stuff is just about the coolest thing I've encountered in FS so far.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

That's my favorite too. That wierd dream sequence freaky stuff is just about the coolest thing I've encountered in FS so far.

Go play TBP's (The Babylon Project, now at v. 3.4) Raider Wars campaign... talk about a nightmare!!  There's this one mission that had me :shaking: and wishing I could just :warp:

:eek2:

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
mine was and still is not so much a blink but a cringe when realizing that all my wingmen are dead and i'm stuck with with nothing but those freakin shivan dragons while flying a herc 2. those bast@5ds can dance circles around you. uggghh....talk about fighting for your life. especially the first time i ever saw those things in FS1
they were bad then but i do think in FS2 volition introduced shivan dragon pilots to crack.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet