Author Topic: RELEASE: Uncharted Territory  (Read 48426 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: RELEASE: Uncharted Territory
I've run into a bug, at the mission Gate Keeper (the one when you destroy the Ravana with the long-range Mjolnir). The game crashes at the end, when I enter the node, about when the message "Jump drives activated" or w/e should appear. I'm using the latest (5777) nightly build, it may be related. Can anyone confirm ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

No not sorry. I played with 3.6.10 Final and no problems.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Alright. Can anyone else test with the Nightly ? It would deserve a Mantis if the error isn't coming from me only.

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Alright. Can anyone else test with the Nightly ? It would deserve a Mantis if the error isn't coming from me only.

Confirmed, crashes at the very end of that mission with that particular knighly.

I've played the hole campaign with 5747 and no problems.
el hombre vicio...

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
I could imagine it has something to do with calling a wing name via when-argument. Either that or a rather long sexp combining and and or. I will have a look at it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:55:36 pm by ReeNoiP »
Uncharted Territory is released. But I still need voice actors

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

Confirmed, crashes at the very end of that mission with that particular knighly.

I've played the hole campaign with 5747 and no problems.
When I test played I believe I used 5716 and I didn't encountered any crashes with that mission.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
Strange, I can't seem to recreate the crash (using 5777). Anyway, if it happens just as you get the training message that you can jump out, this is the sexp that causes it:

Code: [Select]
$Formula: ( when
   ( or
      ( and
         ( or
            ( is-event-true-delay
               "Lost Reuil Bathin dead"
            )
            ( is-event-true-delay
               "Lost Gabriel Bathin dead"
            )
         )
         ( or
            ( has-departed-delay 0 "GTCv Gabriel" )
            ( has-departed-delay 0 "GTtca Reuil" )
         )
         ( <
            ( distance
               "Alpha 1"
               "Waypoint path 4:1"
            )
         )
         ( = @jump[0] 0 )
      )
      ( and
         ( percent-ships-departed
            "GTCv Gabriel"
            "GTtca Reuil"
         )
         ( <
            ( distance
               "Alpha 1"
               "Waypoint path 4:1"
            )
         )
         ( = @jump[0] 0 )
      )
   )
   ( modify-variable @jump[0] 1 )
   ( training-msg
      "Ready for subspace jump"
   )
   ( allow-warp "Alpha 1" )
)
+Name: Ready to jump
+Repeat Count: 1
+Interval: 1
+Team: 0

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Alright I'm Mantising it. Thanks for the help !

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
There was some recent code to make the training messages queue dynamic, probably related to that.  I'll pass it on.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Echelon9

As I haven't seen the Mantis issue report come up yet, I'll add my bit here instead.

Yes, recent changes were made to training messages in r5761. Could you please test with the most recent nightly before the training messages changes, to confirm this is the case.

Can someone please post the stack trace if they have it for this crash.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The Mantis has been issued.

I'm gonna retest with this build (DLing now), but I was using this precise build when first playing Uncharted Territory before switching to 5777. There was training messages in the other missions, and they didn't crash with this build, and they now crash with 5777.

I've tested with retail training missions and they crashes with 5777 as well.

EDIT : Confirmed, it doesn't crash at all with 5758.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:36:57 am by MatthTheGeek »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Done, very nice Camp  :yes:
though your backgrounds in the later part of the champaign are quite minimalistic... if you want I can give you backgrounds for Gamma Draconis and Capella I made a while back...

Spoiler:
Saved the GTT Altas with the crew the GTA Crane, the GTCv Gabriel & the GTtca Reuil (although I lost her in "Gate Keeper"...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
Done, very nice Camp  :yes:
though your backgrounds in the later part of the champaign are quite minimalistic... if you want I can give you backgrounds for Gamma Draconis and Capella I made a while back...

Spoiler:
Saved the GTT Altas with the crew the GTA Crane, the GTCv Gabriel & the GTtca Reuil (although I lost her in "Gate Keeper"...

Thanks  :yes:. I would like those. I tried to avoid the huge-swirly-nebula look in the later missions, as I don't remember having that feel when playing the main FS2 campaign (and stars are nice too). But yeah I know they aren't the best. Backgrounds are certainly not my strong point.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Thanks  :yes:. I would like those. I tried to avoid the huge-swirly-nebula look in the later missions, as I don't remember having that feel when playing the main FS2 campaign (and stars are nice too). But yeah I know they aren't the best. Backgrounds are certainly not my strong point.

PMed them to you, dont get fooled because its "just" 39 Bitmaps each....
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
Got them. Looks good.

But due to the nature of the mod I was wondering about something. Would it be possible to have missiles, that you fired, no longer available for the following missions? Say you start the campaign with 500 Tornados, you use 50 of them up in missions one and thus have only 450 available for mission two ect. Maybe the carrier could produce a certain number of missiles per mission to make sure you have some available for later missions, allthough probably only enough for just a single fighter, unless you safed them up before.

I think something like that would add a bit of additional spice to such "far away from home" campaigns, if it was possible.

Sounds like a good idea based on what I've read of it.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Quite possible. Campaign persistant variables.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Backgrounds are certainly not my strong point.
Really? Then who made that fantastic orange-grey background in that unknown system beyond the Nebula? :p

I agree with the general opinion. This is a really nice campaign. Mission design and balance are very good. A weak point, however, is the length of the missions. Try keep missions shorter than 10 minutes, especially ones where you have to defend Faustus class vessels from bombers with Megabombs. ;)

Also, I missed nameplates on the Gabriel and the cruisers that appear in the last mission. At least the Aquitaine should have a nameplate. Oh, and I found a typo: In "Gate Keeper" in briefing stage 4 (?) there is a whitespace missing between the first and second sentence.

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
Backgrounds are certainly not my strong point.
Really? Then who made that fantastic orange-grey background in that unknown system beyond the Nebula? :p

I agree with the general opinion. This is a really nice campaign. Mission design and balance are very good. A weak point, however, is the length of the missions. Try keep missions shorter than 10 minutes, especially ones where you have to defend Faustus class vessels from bombers with Megabombs. ;)

Also, I missed nameplates on the Gabriel and the cruisers that appear in the last mission. At least the Aquitaine should have a nameplate. Oh, and I found a typo: In "Gate Keeper" in briefing stage 4 (?) there is a whitespace missing between the first and second sentence.

That background and the one in mission 3 are slightly altered versions of backgrounds made by Singh. Come to think of it, I forgot to credit him  :ick:.

As for the rest, Stilljoe7 has been kind enough to proof read the entire campaign so I will make an update sometime in the near future. I will make sure to take care of the things you mentioned too (well except mission time, but I will keep it in mind in the future).

Very nice campaign, I was like "WTF?" when that large Shivan destroyer pulled a 180 and fired on the fleet, but definitely fun.