Author Topic: Descent 3 source code released  (Read 98 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Descent 3 source code released
In Freespace-adjacent news, the source code for Descent 3 has been released by Kevin Bentley (one of the original devs): https://github.com/kevinbentley/Descent3
And it looks like there are people actively working on the code to get it running on modern systems.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Descent 3 source code released
Awesome! I haven't touched Descent in far too long, but I spent many hours in D3 multi back in the day.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: Descent 3 source code released
Interesting. Finally there will campaigns in the FreeSpace Universe with proper Planetary Missions  :)
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.