Author Topic: Aion - Tower of Eternity  (Read 12359 times)

Offline Enzo03

Re: Aion - Tower of Eternity
The patcher...

...started over...

and I have to redownload...

...the whole 13 GB thing...

...after wasting the time to get over 80% of the way done...

What the **** what the **** what the **** what the **** what the **** what the **** what the **** how how how how how how how how.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
The patcher...

...started over...

and I have to redownload...

...the whole 13 GB thing...

...after wasting the time to get over 80% of the way done...

What the **** what the **** what the **** what the **** what the **** what the **** what the **** how how how how how how how how.
that is pretty much my only beef with the damn thing. ****, i've got a hefty 20mb dl link and this **** was left overnight...
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Enzo03

Problem: I can't leave my computer on overnight.  And I also have to take it with me to other places.

****ing hell I should've been able to start playing tomorrow but **** no it won't be till hell if I know, next week??

Apparently it's too much to ask for to just be able to play a god damn game.  Of all the things in the world and it's something as mundane as being able to play a game that I have to have trouble with.

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Darius

Nearly tore my hair out installing the damn thing (took me four days to download and install it in the end; had to restart twice).

The game also installs something called Pando Media Booster which noms through bandwidth. It's a pain in the ass.

I followed these steps to disable it, and now the game actually runs better.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Ah Pando. Indeed that thing has brought quite a lot of grief into the gaming world. Dunno why some still insist using it. In theory it should speed up the downloads, but I'm no so sure about practice.
Then again, I never noticed any major slowdowns with it... but I do think that it's most likely the culprit when something like that happens.

I wish you guys best of luck with the Launcher, I remember downloading some games (can't remember if it was Aion or L2) twice for some odd reason.
Habeeb it...

Offline Enzo03

Darius, I'll keep that in mind once (if) this thing finishes downloading.  Thanks.

And thanks for wishing us downloaders luck :)

Offline Enzo03

whoa.

I spent the better half of my day downloading this and even ran a risk by having my computer on and downloading this while I was at my university student group's end of semester game night (took the computer with me).  Unlike some people, the people here were cool and didn't go screwing with my stuff.  I wound up downloading it all but it did not auto install - I did not have enough disk space to do so.  I come home and free up a bunch of disk space by uninstalling a few games I don't care for anymore and start up the launcher...

...it said 'downloading 0.0MB out of 13420ish MB'

...I almost despaired, until it said "installing"

to celebrate, my Revoltech No. 084 VF-1J Valkyrie will now do a Captain Morganesque pose:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:18:34 pm by Enzo03 »

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Good to know that things are looking a bit better.
Habeeb it...

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Well, finally got this working.  Started an Asmodian (sp?) char because I thought they looked cooler.  Come to find my first missions involve slaughtering some kind of farmer subspecies.  I don't have the stomach for Evil, so I'm waiting on the char to be deleted so i can try the other side.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:49:59 pm by Retsof »
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
i believe its the damn same with the elyos, sooo...

in any case, my nick there is vrganjko, so feel free to drop me a note or something.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Heh, my scout is channeling Will Turner.  Oh, Account name is Retsof90, Char name Jarret.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Enzo03

I'll probably see what kind of trouble making another account gets me just so I can play in Elyos.

Currently I have a couple of Asmodean characters called Wtfmang and Sharonapple (I like Macross Plus - and it's a female character) but I'm hoping to see either "which side I like better" or which side has more people from here.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:59:37 pm by Enzo03 »

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken