Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

BP Debate (split thread)

(1/8) > >>

Mobius:
Ok, as expected, my post was a maxi-misunderstood one.

Spoiler:Inferno and BP are two different mods but the Earth-GTVA war thing is cliché. The interesting thing is that the player fights for Sol so there are probably going to be several unplausible and overkill battles that end with Earth's victory. The war may be only the beginning, only an irrilevant part of the next BP release, but there's a good chance it'll turn out to be the core. There could be less character-centering parts, or at least less intense ones, due to the fact that it's a war fought by so many and not someone's attempt to get back home.

If you think that wars between Sol and other colonies that restablish contact with it play Colony Wars.

Another important thing is not to blame Inferno for the poor storyline and characterizations. These are bad aspects that affected the old INF releases, not the WIP ones. Writing "INFR1" instead of "Inferno" would be polite, IMO.

Cobra:

--- Quote from: Mobius on October 21, 2008, 11:54:59 am ---Ok, as expected, my post was a maxi-misunderstood one.

Spoiler:Inferno and BP are two different mods but the Earth-GTVA war thing is cliché. The interesting thing is that the player fights for Sol so there are probably going to be several unplausible and overkill battles that end with Earth's victory. The war may be only the beginning, only an irrilevant part of the next BP release, but there's a good chance it'll turn out to be the core. There could be less character-centering parts, or at least less intense ones, due to the fact that it's a war fought by so many and not someone's attempt to get back home.

If you think that wars between Sol and other colonies that restablish contact with it play Colony Wars.

Another important thing is not to blame Inferno for the poor storyline and characterizations. These are bad aspects that affected the old INF releases, not the WIP ones. Writing "INFR1" instead of "Inferno" would be polite, IMO.
--- End quote ---

Man, you always find something in this campaign to complain about, don't you?

Spoiler:It seems to me that you're only annoyed by how BP uses a GTVA/Sol war because you're on an Inferno team, and you fail to realize that a cliché is something that has been done over and over and over. Off the top of my head I can count maybe once or twice, Inferno included.

General Battuta:
Yeah.

And also, it's clear Darius is retaining the character-centric focus in War in Heaven. The preview talks about the struggles of both Beis (father and son).

It's not at all clear that there will be 'several implausible and overkill battles.' Spoiler:The UEF ships are markedly inferior to their GTVA opponents, and that's made very clear.

Also, Sol society in Blue Planet is very different from that of Inferno. Very different.

Mobius:
Actually it's the fact that I'm a Colony Wars fan and I don't see how an Earth-GTVA war alone can result in an interesting game immersion.

And you're wrong - if there's something I don't like about INF it's the EA-GTVA war :P

--- Quote from: General Battuta on October 21, 2008, 12:05:05 pm ---Spoiler:Also, Sol society in Blue Planet is very different from that of Inferno. Very different.
--- End quote ---

How does Darius know about INF Sol's society if it's only going to be described in INFA1/INFA2?  :rolleyes:

General Battuta:
Because it's well-established that the EA is a military dictatorship. If that's changed, though, my apologies -- I was presumptuous.

What makes Blue Planet great is the characters, music, and aesthetic. I think we can trust Darius to use this war as a way to explore his characters further while presenting beautiful and sad set-piece battles.

I'm really excited to see how Sam deals with the trauma of Spoiler:fighting -- and fighting well -- against his own people. I've mentioned before that I think it'd be a great touch if you had to help destroy the Aquitaine. And I'm hoping that enemy, i.e. GTVA, capital ships will send distress calls that force the player to empathize with them.
It's going to be heartwrenching. And that's why it'll be immersive and great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version