Author Topic: so whens act 4 coming out lol  (Read 8386 times)

Re: so whens act 4 coming out lol
I did a bit of work just a couple months ago. The best chance of it happening is when I've turned in my next three books and have a bit of a breather publishing-wise.

Your next three books? Excellent! I'm excited to get those too. But like BP, they are done when they are done. Don't make yourself miserable trying to push them out.

Uh-oh, looks like I started something.. . :nervous:

1st - Definitely no blame or ill-will should be directed toward the BP team, as they certainly have to take care of themselves before they can worry about a hobby/project like this. As much as we all love BP and are itching to see the end, they have a duty to themselves and their families that far outweighs any obligation to the fans (not that there really is any, though I'm sure we'd all appreciate it) to complete the series.

2nd - My original statement about being able to pay them to finish it was based on the "Money Is No Object" theory, in which any additional staff (like accountants, business managers, etc.) could be hired at a real-world salary to ensure the completion of all planned work, including monetary compensation for anyone and everyone who could lay claim to a piece of the pie, etc. etc.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of us, even collectively, could pool enough money (easily $1m+ depending on projected timelines) to actually make such a thing possible... but it's fun to dream.  ;)

Here's the link to the discussion from BWO btw.

It’d need to be a couple grand, probably payable only on completion, but I’ll be open for projects once I get this book turned in and my latest Bungie work finished. PM me if you want to discuss further.

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
It would be okay. Hardly anyone plays campaigns any more, there's not much left to kill.

Wait, I don't get it. If people don't play campaigns, what are they playing? Or do you mean that people simply aren't playing FS2/FSO itself?
Potato!

I'll second the confusion on the line about not playing campaigns...  :confused:

As for the number I cited ($1m+) for the amount of money it would take to get the rest of BP done, I was working on the assumption that I would be buying out the entire team, with each offered a large enough salary to leave them little choice but to leave their jobs (for probably a couple years) in addition to all the other necessary expenses. That'd add up REALLY fast!  :P

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I'd do it but I want to play Act 4, not make it. I feel like making it would kill the actual play part for me. I'd be happy to contribute models, but if I'm not mistaken what is really needed here is FREDders.

Nah, making BP missions can't be that hard. ;)

You can add me to the list of people who would kickstart/contribute. But of course your real lives definitely come first!

Eh, 2 deployments and 3 years later, this really bums me out.
I regret greatly that I have NO relevant skills in this area (not that I have any more free time than our wonderful BP team of course but meh...)

Much much sadness.
If ever there is a way you all can think of for a knuckle dragger to assist please PM me!
Skills include:
breaking down doors and other things not designed to be broken
yelling expletives
standing in line (no seriously, this is like my number 1 skill, I bet I can do it better and longer than any of you XD)
but I digress

Love you all, still be BEST campaign I've literally ever played.
I'd take Act IV over:
Dragon Age V
Elder Scrolls: VI
or
Mass Effect (with original writers back on track) V

Heart goes out to all you all, keep up the good work when/if ever you can!

Please keep the fire lit.  BP gameplay is perhaps one of the most artistically crafted space combat experiences ever created. 

If money motivates, consider BP themed T-shirts and coffee mugs or whatever that uses only your own assets.  Your core development team deserves to be recognized as an entity that the public can support.  "Blue Planet Productions" or whatever.