Author Topic: POF Constructor Suite 1.2.2 (hey Bobboau!)  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
POF Constructor Suite 1.2.2 (hey Bobboau!)
Added GLOW chunk for FS2Open, and renderer support for GLOW Chunk, don't remember what else i did, possibly some bug fixes in the renderer

oh incase this wasn't out before shields and paths are in the renderer too

as always https://sourceforge.net/projects/alliance/

[edit]

Just a note - if you put a GLOW chunk in a model, then run it in the normal freespace 2 engine [ie the comerical one] the game will simply ignore the extra chunk, it won't crash the game
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline DTP

• ImPortant Coder
    • http://www.c4-group.dk
Great work!

:bump:
VBB member; reg aug 1999; total posts 600.
War is a lion, on whos back you fall, never to get up.
Think big. Invade Space.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
seems to crash upon opening a model with glow data,
I was expecting that with the POFs I had made already (seeing as it is a diferent data type than this) but if I add a glow point and open it, it still crashes
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
email me examples at [email protected] and i'll get to work on it [grr, typical when you don't have examples to test on]
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
try this

I tried copying the old data from the old format by hand, it was ok saveing, but after I closed and reopened it PCS crashed,
I then opened another pof added a glow bank and light, saved it, reopened it, and it failed again
so ether pcs has a bug in the reading or the writeing,
but there is a bug somewere
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Bobboau
try this

Darnnit - I was hoping to get a glimpse at the latest creation to come forth from the mind of Bobboau! :blah: ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill