Author Topic: Tales of the EAS Janus for TBP DVD, Yes or No?  (Read 4890 times)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Tales of the EAS Janus for TBP DVD, Yes or No?
The subject sums it up.

Should the Tales of the EAS Janus be included The Babylon Project DVD, Yes or No?

Any Fredders willing to take a look at it to fix the show stopping bugs (not a complete re-write, just fix anything that causes a CTD when loading a mission)?

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Daeron

• The guy playing with a mouse
Re: Tales of the EAS Janus for TBP DVD, Yes or No?
I've never had the opportunity to play it, so I might be biased in saying yes. :)

I did assume it'd been updated for 3.6.9 by soemone for this release though. If bugtesting is needed before it's out in definitevely, I don't mind trying to break it.
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

I liked what I played (despite the bugs).  If someone is willing to fix it I vote yes.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I vote no since it can't be finished  :sigh: due to incompatibilities with TBP 3.4  (and final)

And as far as I know, nobody made an update. And don't ask me to do it!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:16:14 pm by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline TTW

i think its a very good campaign,and i also think that every campaign(like all in campaign pack1 etc) should be in that thing because i cba to look at threads and download all things
So i say yes:P

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Could always include it but not have it part of the default install or in an incomplete works folder. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
I think what I'll do is remove it for the DVD's installer package and zip it up an include it in the extras folder on the DVD. So it will be there if someone wants to play it and/or (hopefully, one day) fix it.

operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Just make them jump through some kind of hoop to install it. Putting it in a folder marked "Unfinished" is a good idea.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
sounds like a good solution
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
It is in folder labeled "Outdated Campaigns" ;)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It is in folder labeled "Outdated Campaigns" ;)

That suggests it's outdated. Not that it is unfinished or likely to crash. Prepare to get lots of punters complaining about the campaign being unfinished or crashing.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
It includes the following readme:

"Tales Of EAS Janus Campaign. You WILL have issues playing this campaign as it is very old campaign and in need of updating to work properly with v3.4b. It is present here with the hope that some day someone may take up the task to update it to current TBP v3.4b standards.

to install, place the Tale of EAS Janus.vp file in your TBP main folder (C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project by default)

The Tale of EAS Janus Cappaign was originally authored by Lady Rose."

If they can't or won't read that then it's their own damn fault and I will tell them so ;)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
And just for extra "safety", I re-labled the folder "Incomplete Campaigns"

Is everybody happy now? :nervous:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Good enough for me. Not only does that tell people that the campaign might not work but it also has the side benefit that someone might decide to finish it. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I imagine you'll be the one supporting the DVD Hip :P.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Aye, I kinda figured that ;)

I take it that this campaign has not been upgraded to work with the newer versions?