Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576917 times)

Offline rhx123

Thanks for your reply :)
I've just been pretty stressed with exams at the moment and might have taken things abit wrongly.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
For the record, I suspect one of the primary reasons rhx's server has been getting the lion's share of attention lately has been because of the Fenris project I initiated over there. The only reason I chose that server over yours was because when I asked for server details, whoever answered me gave me rhx's IP, not yours.

Have you considered starting a similar project on your server? Since the Fenris is about as big as you can get (vertically) in MC, how about starting to build an Aten or Argo?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Have you considered starting a similar project on your server? Since the Fenris is about as big as you can get (vertically) in MC, how about starting to build an Aten or Argo?

An Aeolus could probably fit comfortably as well.  That'd also come with the fringe-benefit of serving as a wonderful excuse to build some TNT cannons (where the side flak emplacements would be).

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
For the record, I suspect one of the primary reasons rhx's server has been getting the lion's share of attention lately has been because of the Fenris project I initiated over there. The only reason I chose that server over yours was because when I asked for server details, whoever answered me gave me rhx's IP, not yours.

if our main humongous project builder hadnt defected over to your end, we could :p

i really dont have the time right now to actually work on anything.

An Aeolus could probably fit comfortably as well.  That'd also come with the fringe-benefit of serving as a wonderful excuse to build some TNT cannons (where the side flak emplacements would be).
Now that gave me the screaming heeby-jeebies...
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
How do you make a TNT cannon that doesn't explode with each use anyway?  Obsidian?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
How do you make a TNT cannon that doesn't explode with each use anyway?  Obsidian?
yea. or water, but i'm not 100% sure on the construction side of it. the minecraft wiki should have more info.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

yea. or water, but i'm not 100% sure on the construction side of it. the minecraft wiki should have more info.

To elaborate, TNT that detonates in water deals damage to mobs/players and confers kinetic energy to physics-enabled blocks, but doesn't destroy blocks.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
TNT cannons have been nerfed in 1.6.6, FYI. They don't propel the projectile like they used to.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I still managed to make one. :P Though playing with TNT without god mode can be volatile.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls

Minecraft's lead expert on TNT cannons:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZirumsHeroTWR
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

You've never seen the Herc i made on Pece's server have you? Cause we kinda beat you to the punch on that one. :D

It can be seen easily from dynamap if you don't want to log on, alongside all the other awesome stuff.

The idea of an Aten was thought of before, being fewer then 64 meters tall and relatively flat it would be able to fit 1:1 without mining down at all. unfortunately, I know that the Herc took me so long, even mapped out -similar to your fenris plans, only on graph paper- that the idea of doing an Aten alone scares me a bit, even with the use of CreativeStick. (which is kinda cheating, at least by the Fenris project standards)

Perhaps when the Fenris is done an Aten project can begin on Pece's server
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken