Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577228 times)

Offline -Sara-

If there's safe zones to not damage buildings.

Also I think switching Dynamap on again isn't a bad idea. Lag seems to persist equally bad regardless of Dynamap.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
So turning creeper explosions back on would be fun?

Creepers don't explode anymore? I thought that was lag doing that.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
Hmmmm...

(img snip)
(img snip)

None of this was made by me btw, I just took pics while I was exploring.

NOOOOO!!!! The secret is revealed!  Just don't show anyone where it is Pred, we're not ready yet.
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
Should build a cactus guy out of those cactus bits :P Or a giant creeper which explodes when neared. :P

Don't touch my cactus. :|
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline -Sara-

You can farm them. :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Domes!  Domes!  Domes!

Guest quarters first (which have been done for a while, but I didn't process the screenshots, until after refilling the Fenris' cobble chests).

Next, a couple from the hub, while it was under construction, detailing the lighting embedded in the floor.

And the hub completed, including the basement, where the el-rail line (still in progress) ends:

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Hmmmm...

(img snip)
(img snip)

NOOOOO!!!! The secret is revealed!  Just don't show anyone where it is Pred, we're not ready yet.
Sorry, I can take down the pics if you want. I only got there because I remembered the location from when the map was still active. :P

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Hmmmm...

(img snip)
(img snip)

I've been there like a hundred times when you guys weren't around.

I would like to also ask; who threatened to blow my railway station to bits?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:28:14 pm by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

The el-rail line to between my underwater domes and the southern town is finished.  The switch doesn't work as intended, though, on account of the redstone torch bug, so you need to do a bit of walking, before putting down your minecart, to bypass the junction on the way out.  (Otherwise, the line will take you to town, as normal.)

Also, I removed the old surface access to Heward's Handy Hovel.  That island's exterior has now been returned to its natural state, save for a few windows poking out the sides (and the giant domes under the surface of the lake).

All that's left on the to-do list now is to improve the tunnels between the domes.  Specifically, I want to widen the tunnels between the central hub, theatre, and guest quarters, as well as making the underground (as opposed to underwater) bits look more deliberately constructed and less like I just drilled through mud and rock.

That being all that's left, though, I'm inclined to say feel free to ride in and have a look about.  Beds are available in the guest quarters and at Heward's Handy Hovel, and if you have a performance to put on, the stage at the Jack Niven Memorial Theatre awaits your production.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
The tunnels are the only things that really need work anyway, everything else looks awesome! :yes:

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
So Pred, TrashMan, Kastra and I explored a MASSIVE network of caves that TrashMan found. It took literally hours. The corpses of spiders, skeletons and zombies paved the paths we tread. Our pickaxes were unstoppable and the stone walls all but begged for mercy. We encountered treacherous lava and water formations, which we used to our advantage to slay the festering horde of mobs that dwells beneath the Overworld's innocent surface. We found treasures of all sorts, including large amounts of iron as well as gold and, on two occasions, that most sought after diamond. Using Monster Vision (also known as F3), walls were no obstacle to our relentless quest for adventure. Once we hit the infamous mossy stone and knew we had found a dungeon. Using high ground to our advantage, we strode in, raining death upon the endless swarm of spiders, trapping them in their cage and, being the fair explorers we are, sharing the loot equally amongst ourselves. The Minecraft server itself feared us and attempted to stop us by dropping some of us out a few times, but we pushed on, beating it into submission with our very presence.

Great fun, guys.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Yeah, it's great fun exploring for others. Not only can you get some resources out of it, it's definitely more interesting than mining all day long.

If anyone wants some company when spelunking, just ask whenever I'm on the server.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Went flying on Peci's server and got lost, think I flew too fast for the chunk-loading to keep up and broke it :nervous:

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken