Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576994 times)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Apparently I was banned indefinitely without possibility of repeal.  Wonderful.  I wasn't even on the server in the past 3 weeks.

There goes my only reason to play Minecraft.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
what ever happened to that ginormous offshoot of land?

It's still there, thoroughly breaking dynmap from what I understand.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Apparently I was banned indefinitely without possibility of repeal.  Wonderful.  I wasn't even on the server in the past 3 weeks.

There goes my only reason to play Minecraft.
What? I'm not aware of this. It might seem a stupid question, but are you connecting to the right IP? Is it actually saying that you're banned?
Not able to admin the server until tonight, but I'll look into it.

what ever happened to that ginormous offshoot of land?

It's still there, thoroughly breaking dynmap from what I understand.
Oh, dynmap works now, it's no longer causing crashes.
However the hosting company hasn't told us what ports are open, so we can't actually bind it to a useable port without a lot of trial and error.
I'll nmap the IP tonight, see if that helps shed some light on it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:07:49 am by qazwsx »
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
What? I'm not aware of this. It might seem a stupid question, but are you connecting to the right IP? Is it actually saying that you're banned?

64.31.26.227:25574

Disconnected by Server

You are banned from this server!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
WTF????

I just got killed by warping home....Yes, warping home killed me..and my entire inventory (I was stocked full) is gone.
No sing of the stuff anywhere!!!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Yeah... sometimes it warps you into the ground.

Offline rhx123

64.31.26.227:25574

Disconnected by Server

You are banned from this server!
Try now. You wherent in the ban list ??? but I've deleted the ban file now so try now.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I'm I the only one who likes the old cobble better?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
WTF????

I just got killed by warping home....Yes, warping home killed me..and my entire inventory (I was stocked full) is gone.
No sing of the stuff anywhere!!!

Happens to me quite often, actually; usually due to the severe lag issues I have, although ironically, by the time I die, I'm usually so lagged that the server never gets the message that I died, so it all evens out. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline -Sara-

Maybe a trick can be to make your /home 3 blocks above the ground for safety measures.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Having it set on a level above also works... for the most part. I haven't died that way in a long time, not entirely sure what really causes it. :blah:

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I'm I the only one who likes the old cobble better?

I think I might like the old cobble better. The new cobble makes my leaning tower look odd.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline -Sara-

I had to get used to the cobble at first but now it really looks a lot more like actual rocks/cobble in cement as it's supposed to.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I am still unable to join.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You sure it's not a problem on your end? Bad login/corrupted file(s)/forgot to update?

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I can join other servers, and yes I updated.

It's giving me an error I don't usually see and can't be mistaken for anything else:  You're banned, bro!  (paraphrased)

Offline -Sara-

Many games and programs often give wrong messages when they don't comprehend what's wrong. If a port is blocked and you get ejected at a certain phase of joining a server, it may misinterpret it for being banned. And that's just one example.  I just did some googling and it seems more people got that problem, where server hosts replied indeed these people were not banned. One of these servers used MCbans, which they abandoned probably for that reason. It's probably an error.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I had to get used to the cobble at first but now it really looks a lot more like actual rocks/cobble in cement as it's supposed to.
Which doesn't really work for castles. :blah:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'm gonna try to split off Fenris posts into a separate thread...

EDIT: The 6 pages of Fenris-related posts are now here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=76953.0
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:55:51 am by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Fellow cizizens of our great nation!

In celebration of the west expansion proceeding so smoothly, I have decided, in my  endless generosity, to open castle Clamidia to public use.

All citizens of good standing are herby granted the right to create housing within the castle walls, as well as the castle itself.

-Your Glorious Leader;  God-Emperor, Pontifex Maximus, Priest-Duke, Rex Rexorum, Minister of all affairs, Chairman of all chairs and boards, President for Life, Father of the Nation, Lord of the World, the Shining Sun, the Brightest Star, Essence of Manliness, etc, etc...

*NOTE: the empire will be changing it's standard paper size, as it was impossibleto squeeze ALL of the Emperors titles onto the proclamations, and reduceing the font was not an option.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!