Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576570 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I could not see a single mob in any direction using the F3 thing.  Then BAM, a group of 6 zombies teleports in front of me.  This was inside a former dungeon; there is only one entrance and I was in a corner of the room, looking outward.  It's impossible to mistake what happened.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
So much as put a torch on it and it will all fall down.
Just bucketed several hundred blocks of lava from the Nether to justify a waterfall.
*images snipped*
I was wondering what were you up to over there XD :p

*snipped pic*

Nice chunk error... :yuk:
Our world is full of those for some bizzare reason. i have no clue as to the why of it however. And players arent complaining anyhow.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline rhx123

The only thing that spawning has been messed with is a creeper spawner in the fenris mob trap. other than that, there is nothing else changed related to spawning.
It may well have been lag.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
So much as put a torch on it and it will all fall down.
Just bucketed several hundred blocks of lava from the Nether to justify a waterfall.
*images snipped*
I was wondering what were you up to over there XD :p

*snipped pic*

Nice chunk error... :yuk:
Our world is full of those for some bizzare reason. i have no clue as to the why of it however. And players arent complaining anyhow.

To be honest, I just thought that someone had gone nuts with WorldEdit at some point in the past :)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Screenies time

A few from Trashmania

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And a few general shots while tunneling between Trashmania and the Fenris, project still ongoing.

Edit:

links changed for a different file hoste
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:21:39 pm by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I think my grinder is messed up. When I walk up to it, or on initial connect, it works, but when I stand at the goodie deposit, it stops working.

EDIT:

The god emperor atop his throne:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:32:05 pm by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
A few more pics from the construction of the Trashmania-Fenris tunnels

Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I am yet to actually see a picture of the tunnel.
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Well, I have deemed the cave to be cursed.  To update the situation from my previous post: I logged back in today, the zombies were still there, it was still laggy, and I died instantly.  I died about a dozen more times trying to get my stuff back and I still lost my original diamond sword.  I made sure the whole dungeon was lit up and the caverns around it are completely lit.  The dungeon itself is closed off and empty.

Infinite amounts of zombies still spawn from it, even now.  Coordinates are -752, 10, 1441.

I recorded a video and uploaded it for download.  "Save as", please.

After watching the video, can an admin please tell me WTF is going on?  Honestly, this kind of BS has cost me basically diamond block in just a week.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Well, I have deemed the cave to be cursed.  To update the situation from my previous post: I logged back in today, the zombies were still there, it was still laggy, and I died instantly.  I died about a dozen more times trying to get my stuff back and I still lost my original diamond sword.  I made sure the whole dungeon was lit up and the caverns around it are completely lit.  The dungeon itself is closed off and empty.

Infinite amounts of zombies still spawn from it, even now.  Coordinates are -752, 10, 1441.

I recorded a video and uploaded it for download.  "Save as", please.

After watching the video, can an admin please tell me WTF is going on?  Honestly, this kind of BS has cost me basically diamond block in just a week.

403 Forbidden

EDIT: nevermind, now it works

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
You guys actually use the default Minecraft textures? Yuck. :p
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
You guys actually use the default Minecraft textures? Yuck. :p
Actually, I still do because I've yet to find one that I like overall, but doesn't make it hard to spot ore.

It may be just because I'm used to the stock textures, but that's the case for me.  Besides, it's part of what makes minecraft, well, minecraft.  :)

If you really want to go nuts, check this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxv8x52PGZU

(128x textures, bump mapping, and specular lighting, oh my)
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken