Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577134 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Lava IN the portal breaks it too. As would a piston pushing a block in and out. Or a piston moving obsidian if that is possible.
Pistons can't move Obsidian blocks iirc
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline -Sara-

Yea I tried by now. Still plenty of ways.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline rhx123

Would pushing a block into the portal stop it?

Offline -Sara-

Tried it refuses to push against a portal block. A water piston did turn it off, but it seems lighting it is another story.

Edit: having something burn next to it neither.

Edit2: I managed to turn it off with water and a piston flawlessly now. But that's only half the work.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:29:12 am by -Sara- »

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Topgun

I want to join this, who do I contact to get op?

Offline -Sara-

CRAFTGATE! MG-1

A stargate-esque shutdown system. Now to find a way to autolight it repeatedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok_nzmeDx0k

@Topgun: On Rhx/Richards server you just join. On Pec's you need permissions to build I think. Info is in the first post.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:30:58 am by -Sara- »

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
CRAFTGATE! MG-1

A stargate-esque shutdown system. Now to find a way to autolight it repeatedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok_nzmeDx0k
That is super cool. I'll try something like that later on Pece's server.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline -Sara-

Ran into this while happily mining, wtf?!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ran into this while happily mining, wtf?!

:wtf:

Can I ask who built the mob trap/grinder at the Fenris station? Would they be able to teach me how to make them/point me in the direction of a tutorial/diagram?

I copied it basically 1:1 from Etho's mob grinder. He's got plenty of tutorial videos out; I think all the relevant ones are in the description of this one.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline rhx123

Sara, havn't you ever been down the plunge-o-vator :O

Offline -Sara-

Plunge-o-vator? I've only been in Sandwiches HUGE crater, but that didn't have this coolness in it.

edit: Anyway, I closed both entrances thickly with smoothstone, it now looks inconspicuous with the rest of my tunnel.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:41:41 pm by -Sara- »

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
That's pretty much directly under spawn, I'll show you the "normal" entrance next time anyone's online.
If I recall correctly, a sizeable amount of slimes spawn in that cave as well.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline -Sara-

Awesome, yea you showed me the direction but I expected the old TNT cavern. Not this. :P Found my way out by removing cobble and placing it back to circumvent a door and take a rail up again. When Dynmap is up it'll be cool to discover all that stuff. Maybe you should hold tours once a month. :D

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That cave was first place a visited on the server... One day I'm walking around gawking at the scenery and all of a sudden I plunge into a very, very deep hole.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
The cave actually predates HLP's access to the server, at the point of creation, the server ran in a shoebox under rhx's bed.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
You know what would be cool, a /warp random command.  It would warp you to a random spot within a set distance from the player and from the centre of the map.  Would certainly be useful for finding explored areas to mine.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Explored areas to mine? You won't find much 'cept stone and some coal that way...

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
* headdie facepalms

unexplored then

you know what I meant   :p
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Thanks for the links Sandwich, I'll have a go at building a Mobavator and Grinder at some point.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp