Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576414 times)

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
I love how the world is so packed with things that happily mining a thousand blocks from town a redstone torch falls on my head.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
A redstone torch? Aww, you broke it!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Where the heck are you mining? I bet it was for a powered rail...

If you want room to expand, you should probably go somewhere farther than 1000 blocks from town. Maybe like... 3000? :lol:

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Don't worry, I fixed the powered rail. I should have realised I'd hit rail seeing as you can't miss the airborne rail plunging mid-way into the cliff face right next to where I'm digging my house (you can see it to the left of the picture I posted before, my house is behind the waterfall).
And I think the server is currently limiting the world to about 2.5 km from spawn, cause I hit a teleporting barrier.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
I love how the world is so packed with things that happily mining a thousand blocks from town a redstone torch falls on my head.
i think thats more related to the fact that whereever somebody moved himself and built something, we connected it. :p

feel free to spread out dude :D
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I just thought of a totally awesome thing I could do with pistons, but I haven't finished the last 2 projects I started on...

Damn! I'm turning into qaz. :P

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Any WH40K fans on the server? I want to build a Walrord titan!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

Seems I have now around 170 diamond, 250 gold and 750 iron, woop! The mining goes on.

In the meanwhile, what'd people feel about a floating paradise island?
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I just thought of a totally awesome thing I could do with pistons, but I haven't finished the last 2 projects I started on...

>_>
It's true, I never finish anythi
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline -Sara-

>_>

Can we burn that awful trollface of wool? It's horrid and never gets finished anyway! :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
>_>

Not entirely true - you finished the mob grinder at Fenris... :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Luis Dias

any progress on the fenris? I haven't minecraft, so I can't see it ingame

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
>_>

Not entirely true - you finished the mob grinder at Fenris... :p
I didn't build the top part :P
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I don't think anyone's worked on it since I added the top side of the midsection. I even had to stop that because I don't have any more grey wool. It's just a frame and a wall, IIRC.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

and finally our glorious emperor hard at work in the kingdom

Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I don't think anyone's worked on it since I added the top side of the midsection. I even had to stop that because I don't have any more grey wool. It's just a frame and a wall, IIRC.

Grey wool? You didn't use smoothstone?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

Grey wool? You didn't use smoothstone?
Most of the side is smoothstone, yes, but the portion of the Fenris side that hasn't been filled in yet (the gap up and to the right of the airlock door) needs to use a darker material than the rest. Netherack (or however it's spelled) should be good enough for the red detailing, but I don't want to add that until I have the darker stuff in place.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Anyone on Peci's server under the name NamelessGuy1? Not a name that brings an image of trust to mind ;)

If you're genuinely from here, please let us know.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Most of the side is smoothstone, yes, but the portion of the Fenris side that hasn't been filled in yet (the gap up and to the right of the airlock door) needs to use a darker material than the rest. Netherack (or however it's spelled) should be good enough for the red detailing, but I don't want to add that until I have the darker stuff in place.

Ah, I'd had cobblestone in mind for the darker grey parts until they changed the texture to be lighter colored...

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Same here, at least they changed it before I put it in. :p