Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577550 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Phase 2 complete:

Phase 3 will begin... in about a week after I get back all the resources I burned making phases one and two, damn those things eat up cobble, sand and coal quick.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Anyone on Peci's server under the name NamelessGuy1? Not a name that brings an image of trust to mind ;)

If you're genuinely from here, please let us know.
I am NamelessGuy1. I was considering having quite a few of NamelessGuy# out the front of Hades' house with swords, to look like attackers. NamelessGuy1 was the first, a test guy if you will (he currently has my sword). But I realised that the server would get too laggy as would my bandwith so I rejected the idea.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:02:14 am by Killer Whale »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Phase 2 complete:

Reminds me of the mothership landing platforms from the V remake...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Should I be worried? Perhaps I should follow TrashMan's example and take defensive measures. o_o

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Anyone on Peci's server under the name NamelessGuy1? Not a name that brings an image of trust to mind ;)

If you're genuinely from here, please let us know.
I am NamelessGuy1. I was considering having quite a few of NamelessGuy# out the front of Hades' house with swords, to look like attackers. NamelessGuy1 was the first, a test guy if you will (he currently has my sword). But I realised that the server would get too laggy as would my bandwith so I rejected the idea.
derp, nvm -.-
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Gentlemen, I come today to share with you a great feat of minecrafting.  At 1:46 MST, the Space Battleship Yamato and an Imperial-class Star Destroyer engaged each other in air-to-air combat over Himeji Castle on the Casual Fun World server.  The Yamato had been engineered expressly for the purpose of aerial combat, sporting 9 anti-air cannons each side, plus an immensely powerful, 8-shot forward cannon for both air and land attack missions.  The Imperial Star Destroyer was engineered as a ground assault ship, and as such had a 20-bomb payload and two long-range forward cannons.  The combatants met in the air NE of the castle and began maneuvering to attack.  The first salvo was fired by the Yamato, but the broadside guns fell short of the destroyer.  The Destroyer returned fire with a salvo from its spinal guns, but the shells simply bounced off the hull of the Yamato.  A malfunction in the SD's guns killed a crewman, and while attempting to shore up the damage, the Yamato maneuvered into position and opened fire with all broadside guns.  The shots landed, but were ineffective.  With both ships evenly matched, maneuvering continued, each ship trying to find a workable firing solution, until the Yamato's captain attempted to bring his primary gun to bear, misjudged the distance to target, and rammed the star destroyer, crippling the ship's midsection and destroying primary fire control.  The destroyer limped away for repairs and refit, while the Yamato flew proudly onwards. 

Sadly, the dockyards forgot to install guncams on the ships, and our only sources are witnesses who observed the battle first-hand.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:07:53 pm by esarai »
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
does that mean we need a Cain?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The Emperor wishes to remind everyone of His generosity towards those loyal to Him.

To this end, the Emperor has graciously offer aid in manpower and materials to Lord Raveholme. Note that even now, the Ravenholme manor and railway are nearing completion!
Blessed are the loyal servants of the empire! Woe to the Emperors foes!

We also wish to inform the public on the delays in the titan Project. They were caused by the arrival or the man know as Witcher 2.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
The Emperor wishes to remind everyone of His generosity towards those loyal to Him.

To this end, the Emperor has graciously offer aid in manpower and materials to Lord Raveholme. Note that even now, the Ravenholme manor and railway are nearing completion!
Blessed are the loyal servants of the empire! Woe to the Emperors foes!

We also wish to inform the public on the delays in the titan Project. They were caused by the arrival or the man know as Witcher 2.

And, in accordance with our bond, I hereby state that the Ravenwatch Estate owes you 32 iron bars, 22 Gold bars, and one Embassy to be built within the Trashmania Demense.

Let all men know my bond, so that failure to pay mine debt results in the scorn an oathbreaker would richly deserve
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Phase 3:

Even I dunno what happens next, but I was thinking of building a house and garden, possibly with a big dome over it unless other people have better ideas.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline -Sara-

The griever struck again. One of my dogs is gone, likely killed. Next to the sign saying to not let my dogs out, were new signs with: Who let the dogs out!

Much worse is I saved a small castle from griever TNT. TNT was spread on each level, close to a lava trap. I don't know who's castle it was, but the lava from the trap could have blown the whole castle up. About 20 TNT, maybe even 30, were spread through it. This is the castle:

I'm worried many more buildings may be laced with TNT. The way chunks load, things don't move or explode until a player enters the chunk. With lava it's thus rigged to go once a player passes by the castle or building. This has to stop soon now. Get Dynmap back up, if there is a port-problem, ask helpdesk to help you with it. It's what they're paid for, they're to assist unconditioned as long as it's within terms. I think helping with port problems fits that list?

@ Kyad:

* PvP arena.
* Mob arena (with spawners and pistons to allow or disallow a spawn.
* A temple housing a main Nether portal (the spirit temple is okay, but the fenris portal is silly).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:17:30 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Where is your house that keeps getting griefed Sara? I don't think anything has happened to Ravenwatch yet, though I'll go over it to make sure.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline -Sara-

Mine got grieved once so far, others were far more grieved.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline rhx123

Sara, that tnt-laced castle is a copy of one made by scrumplesplung which I pasted in the middle of nowhere to mess with tnt. It's been there for ages and gets blown up and re-pasted once or twice a week :P

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
It reminds me of the guard posts seen the the Settlers games
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Dynmap won't really help with preventing griefing, Logblock/datablock however will allow us to undo damage, and what we need for that is access to the SQL server, rhx put tickets in for it, but I haven't heard from him recently. I might check out datablock sometime, however my brain is full of **** from several consecutive  heavy nights, so it won't be done for a couple of days unless rhx wants to check it out.

Also, I swaer that structure was abanadoned, I noticed the tnt in it sometime last week, and thought somoene had just scheduled it for demilition.

Derp, rhx postan.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline rhx123

@The ports for dynmap, no progress, but they said the SQL should be ready tommorow, their upgrading hardwear the moment hence the huuge wait.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
I think I'm going to try and build something resembling an ancient temple.  You know, hidden passages, traps, treasure, all that good stuff.  Now I just need a floorplan and some open land....  and really some idea of how I will actually build it.  Or maybe I'll just wing it, dunno.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline -Sara-

If you wait for 1.8 you get all those new fancy kaki bricks and such. You could make a pyramid. ;)

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Good idea, I can use the time to plan.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.