Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577054 times)

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Done some serious renovations and construction. Will post pics once I figure out what the MC screenshot button is.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Done some serious renovations and construction. Will post pics once I figure out what the MC screenshot button is.
alt + f4

EDIT: F2
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:05:39 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
The recommended 1.7.3 craftbukkit is now released. Is the server already upgraded with it?
i wouldnt reccomend it, particularily if the server is using any mods that havent been tested to work with RB1000.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
ROLEPLAY COMEDY REPORT!

Let's make one.
what is it?

Have fun by making comedic travel reports trough the server, using faked sreenshots. People play roles.

for example:
a travel report by 2 journalists traveling trough TrashMania. some players would dress up as guards, journalists, political prisoners, etc, etc.. would pose for screenshots. And then the article would be written. And the journalist would report about how utterly not-uncomfortable the anal probing was, and how great and free TrashMania is and how there's absolulety, positively NO inquisition that followed their every step..

you get the picture...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
ROLEPLAY COMEDY REPORT!

Let's make one.
what is it?

Have fun by making comedic travel reports trough the server, using faked sreenshots. People play roles.

for example:
a travel report by 2 journalists traveling trough TrashMania. some players would dress up as guards, journalists, political prisoners, etc, etc.. would pose for screenshots. And then the article would be written. And the journalist would report about how utterly not-uncomfortable the anal probing was, and how great and free TrashMania is and how there's absolulety, positively NO inquisition that followed their every step..

you get the picture...
sounds more like personal ego stroking to me, to be honest.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The example was for TrashMania, but it can very well be anyone traveling anywhere...

TIs all in good fun m8.

Offline -Sara-

X 898 (and another 400 or so I gave to to Kyad's cause!)

And counting. :P

5 tips for those who end up asking how to quickly find that diamond:

• They start around Y=22, but I've found them as far down as Y=4. Don't dismiss those at bedrock height.
  • Dig around lava pools. Very often they are against where a lava pool ends. Put a bucket of water down first, so that the lava stops faster than it can fill spaces, and to prevent the diamonds from burning when mined.
  • Large surface = better! The larger the surface, the more blocks cover it's inside surface. More blocks = more chance of blocks being diamond. If you find a cave, search it! There's a good chance you'll find diamonds along the wall. Rather than grid mining, mine straight lines to find caves as often as possible, but be careful of lava (or you may lose ALL your equipment and diamonds).
  • Even when you think you found all diamonds, mine the area around the diamonds with atleast a radius of 1 block. Often diamonds spawn diagonally above other diamonds and are not visible, being hidden between two blocks of stone or other ore. You'll never find those later once you forget where the diamond vein was!
  • Consider gathering some TNT. Gunpowder (looted from defeating creepers, or through a mob grinder with creepers) and sand is required to craft this. TNT blows large holes into walls and tunnels. Sure, you'll risk blowing up some diamond, but just do it! Diamonds are spawned infinitely in the world anyway. By creating a larger surface theres a bigger chance diamond is spotted in the walls when the blast clears. There are no rules about how many veins can spawn near eachother, so don't worry about throwing away your chances if you blow up some diamond ore by accident.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:07:27 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Looks like the server got a stoke.....

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
It'll be down for the nexx fea hours, I just got back, it's  1:20AM and I can't rembmer my login details, sorry guys, but I'm unable to restart it at this monetn in time.
Yes, hamnyburger.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline -Sara-

Blegh still down.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Might have something to do with me going 15K....

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Does anyone know how to get the Aether mod to work?

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline -Sara-

It'll be down for the nexx fea hours, I just got back, it's  1:20AM and I can't rembmer my login details, sorry guys, but I'm unable to restart it at this monetn in time.
Yes, hamnyburger.

If you forget it again I'm going to tattoo it somewhere on your skin.  :P

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Does anyone know how to get the Aether mod to work?
Use a fresh minecraft.jar and add ModLoader, AudioMod, ShockAhPI, and then Aether Mod. Any other mods that replace the fd.class included with ShockAhPI will break Aethergates (You try activating the gate with water and instead the water just flows on the ground).

Offline -Sara-

The Enderman mob design is GENIOUS!

They're going to be serious horror material. They at first leave you alone if you just walk around, but if you make eyecontact (facing them with your camera!) with them they will lock their eyes with you. They won't move, just freeze and stare very coldly at you, peering into the deep recessess of your soul... When you break eye contact, they will move REALLY fast and WILL come to you to kill you. If you flee for your life and run away, they teleport right to you and finish the job... if you walk back while keeping eye contact, they warp towards you and keep staring at you, waiting for you to turn and run so that they can have their malevolent fun with you. So what can you do? When the two of you have eye contact, you can't stop staring. And you'll have to think of a solution. Will you shoot them with arrows while they're frozen, what if that provokes it? Perhaps you'll wait for daylight to come so that it might be hurt by the sun.. but then, you're VERY afraid a zombie or skeleton will spot you and hurt you and if you turn away to fight them and break eyecontact.. well.. start crapping bricks because you provoked the Enderman and it WILL come over to finish you off. We'll all be feeling sick when we see the Endermen and we'll be staring at our feet so we can't look at them, probably coining a whole new internet term: fearquiting, rather than ragequiting.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:12:09 am by -Sara- »

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Teleporting? Talk about broken. :blah:

Offline -Sara-

That's not broken. It's going to do something emotional and provoke decisions from the player. Finally not a game NPC which just needs to be hit.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken