Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578557 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The opers said they're fed up with Minecraft users and their assumption that the whole of esper.net is dedicated to Minecraft halp. Every hour or so someone appears on #help or #lobby asking some question about Minecraft, despite the fact that there are big warnings informing people that esper isn't affiliated with Minecraft in any way.

I just find it kind of funny and like to mess with them when they appear.

Offline -Sara-

They should exploit that opportunity. The proverb goes: don't look a gifted horse in the mouth. :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
The opers said they're fed up with Minecraft users and their assumption that the whole of esper.net is dedicated to Minecraft halp. Every hour or so someone appears on #help or #lobby asking some question about Minecraft, despite the fact that there are big warnings informing people that esper isn't affiliated with Minecraft in any way.

I just find it kind of funny and like to mess with them when they appear.
Ban the stupid, save the server.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Har..the uber-wall outline is now complete...

I kept it as a dirt line in the sky near areas that might be iffy, due to proximity to other peoples holdings. (in other words, just a marker).
It turns out there's a lot more people around me than I thought when I first moved it. if people have any objection let me know.

On a semi-related note, my space-port and harbor are under construction and progressing rather well, altough I feel my productivity is about to take a nose dive. I have a Microsoft certificate to pass and it's back to work for me soon, so my free time is going to take a large hit :P

I'll let my loyal subjects expand the glory of the Empire during that period.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

At last I shall reveal my insidious plot, the true reason behind collecting those diamonds! We shall craft diamond picks and tear down the tramperors walls. :P Viva la revolution!

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

At last I shall reveal my insidious plot, the true reason behind collecting those diamonds! We shall craft diamond picks and tear down the tramperors walls. :P Viva la revolution!

You fool! I can build walls faster than you can destroy them!

The power of lava and water, as decreed by the Emperor, is eternal!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

You fool! I can build walls faster than you can destroy them!

The power of lava and water, as decreed by the Emperor, is eternal!

//regen
:P
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
What kind of cool thing should we try to do aside from the fenris?

I'd already thought about a semi-life-sized Settlers of Catan island, since MC has all the types of terrain that Catan does... :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
If you guys haven't figured out already I finally got the Aether mod to work. :D It was pretty cool for awhile but I returned to Better than Wolves and added a new twist with a mod called Clay Soldiers. All 3 are really cool and I recommend checking them out if you have any interest in minecraft mods.

Also saw something on youtube called VoxelSniper for SMP. Any interest in this?

Offline -Sara-

Glad you're having fun Pred. :)

Qaz and I humoured the thought of making floating island, which can be expanded on if height maps indeed rise. A prototype first, something bigger maybe later? ;) I'll have to actually doodle a design for that first though!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
As my pirate ship and harbor are nearing completion...I'm thinking about my next project...

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Good luck trying to replicate the details... Perhaps a smaller wooden ship to start with?

Offline crizza

An Iowa?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
An Iowa.
Plus the harbor already has a Man-of-War being built.

Offline -Sara-

As my pirate ship and harbor are nearing completion...I'm thinking about my next project...

*bigboat*

Stop! Atleast for a while. :no:

You've started a LOT of half-done or barely done projects, like a midway train station, your one-block wide walls, that large WH40K mecha, to name a few. I don't want to be a troll and trash (no pun intended) your fun but finish something please. The place is littered with incomplete things, the Fenris is perhaps the largest one of them and while the latter is not your project but is rather a community work, it's silly to start one thing and drop it a week later when so much can be finished. :) Try gather yourself together and try finish atleast one or two of those things, go for that mecha and flesh out your walls so they're more like walkways or aquaducts and not cobblepilars. Finished projects are beautiful but things built out of boredom and left incomplete can quickly become landscape polution, a thorn in the eye. It's a real shame because some of those unfinished things can turn out quite nice!  :nod:

I really don't want to shoot down your enthusiasm, but I think you too realize that it's time something is maybe finished first, or otherwise atleast taken down.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:45:23 pm by -Sara- »

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I need to get in on this here server.
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

*bigboat*

Stop! Atleast for a while. :no:

You've started a LOT of half-done or barely done projects, like a midway train station, your one-block wide walls, that large WH40K mecha, to name a few. I don't want to be a troll and trash (no pun intended) your fun but finish something please. The place is littered with incomplete things, the Fenris is perhaps the largest one of them and while the latter is not your project but is rather a community work, it's silly to start one thing and drop it a week later when so much can be finished. :) Try gather yourself together and try finish atleast one or two of those things, go for that mecha and flesh out your walls so they're more like walkways or aquaducts and not cobblepilars. Finished projects are beautiful but things built out of boredom and left incomplete can quickly become landscape polution, a thorn in the eye. It's a real shame because some of those unfinished things can turn out quite nice!  :nod:

I really don't want to shoot down your enthusiasm, but I think you too realize that it's time something is maybe finished first, or otherwise atleast taken down.

Oh, I do plan on finishing the Titan.

As for the walls - I've put them on hold until I can be sure everyone is OK with where they are going ATM. I'm keeping some sections as a dirt line until then. Don't want no hard feelings. Any FYI - I do work a little on the wall every day - but it's just so damn uber-huge :P

As for other things..I work till I hit a snag in creativity. Until I come up with something to resolve that snag, there's no point in being idle, so I work on something else. the Midway station is on hold because I can't decide how to do the internals, or if I should re-route some railways to it or something..If it's supposed to be a big station, and for now only the Trashmania-Fenris rail line goes trough it.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm more than open to them.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
An Iowa.
Plus the harbor already has a Man-of-War being built.

It's almost done. the front needs some work and some internal details are missing, but overall ti's pretty complete.
Now to decide to put wool sails on it or not.. and if so, deployed or rolled?...ahhh...decisions!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
If you need someone to build towers or tall buildings, you know where to look. ;)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You're hired!