Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577235 times)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I'll get on some tower building as soon as I get bored with playing mods. Besides, I've already completed 1 tower. :P
Furniture not included. :nervous:

Offline -Sara-

Work in progress... an exciting project by Qaz and Sara.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:03:22 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Unobtainium!

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Quadruple Helix anyone?

Each level got a glass floor after this for obvious safety reasons, and each floor is planned to have 8 mines assosiated with it, 2 from each corner.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I have 2 mines in a SP with a set-up but on a smaller scale. Not fun to make but very cool looking! :yes:
I suggest having a water-vator or a rapid descent zone for easy access to the lowest level.

Offline -Sara-

Update on Enderman: Wearing a pumpkin will prevent Endermen from attacking you.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:18:43 pm by -Sara- »

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
So endermen are apparently more stupid than most mobs? :lol:
Current 'hud' for the pumpkin is kinda annoying though...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
You can change the blind area you get from wearing a pumpkin (Or make it completely transparent).

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Must be something to do with them only attacking upon direct eye contact. Would be interesting if things like glass interfered with that too.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Update on Enderman: Wearing a pumpkin will prevent Endermen from attacking you.
So they are relatives of The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal?  :)
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline -Sara-

If they're tasty!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
For some reason the Endermen's sensitivity to eye contact reminds me of a genius idea/explanation I read in a sci-fi novel called "Blindsight" By Peter Watts. In his novel, vampires had been (ironically) brought back to life through genetic engineering. His explanation for their traditional aversion to crosses/crucifixes was what fascinated me:

Another deleterious cascade effect was the so-called "Crucifix Glitch"— a cross-wiring of normally-distinct receptor arrays in the visual cortex, resulting in grand mal-like feedback siezures whenever the arrays processing vertical and horizontal stimuli fired simultaneously across a sufficiently large arc of the visual field. Since intersecting right angles are virtually nonexistent in nature, natural selection did not weed out the Glitch until H. sapiens sapiens developed Euclidean architecture; by then, the trait had become fixed across H. sapiens vampiris via genetic drift, and—suddenly denied access to its prey—the entire subspecies went extinct shortly after the dawn of recorded history.

Basically, the vampire's visual cortex had a bug in processing right-angles that caused seizures. Perhaps the Endermen have a similar bug that freezes them when they're looked at directly, but also triggers the fight response when the eye contact is subsequently broken. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
... "Blindsight" By Peter Watts.
Ridiculously good piece, that. It's available free online- I'd endeavor pretty much anybody who hangs around here to dig it up. It's actually quite unsettling, but a very, very good way to spend an afternoon.

On-topic: The Endermen don't seem like that big of a threat. Avoiding conflict is simple, and [naive assumption] surely they can't be more dangerous than Creepers, yeah?
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You should see creepers ont the server. They're less menacing than sheep... heh.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
... "Blindsight" By Peter Watts.
Ridiculously good piece, that. It's available free online- I'd endeavor pretty much anybody who hangs around here to dig it up. It's actually quite unsettling, but a very, very good way to spend an afternoon.
I swear there was a thread in gendisc about it, it should have links to read it online...
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So finaly, after all this time, I have put a dome over the platform:

At it's highest point, the inside of the dome is 10 meters tall, while the base is almost 40 meters from the ground. The 3 'rings' of cobble make for cool shadows on the platform's floor during the day and for an intresting ceiling during night.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:04:42 am by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline -Sara-

Lovely!  :yes:

But can it be taught to sing and dance?  :P

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I've never found that place yet. :D

Offline -Sara-

And the server's down again, d'oh.