Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577491 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
an old PC (that's still a quadcore with 12GB)
:(

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Played around with the reflective water shader, it still causes some flickering, and doesn't entirely get on with high res texture packs from the look of things, so I'll have to unintall it again, but it certainly improves the look of things...

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That's like...the coolest thing I've ever seen in Minecraft.
Ever.

Offline -Sara-

Would be cool if they put it in vanilla Minecraft. You could then have water wraiths/ghosts you can only see the reflection of.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That would be awesome, but scary as **** in caves ;)

I've also updated the initial post to better reflect Pece's server, since it changed styles recently :)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I just bought Minecraft last night (finally).  I messed around in single player for a bit, then I connected to rhx's server.  So far I'm just looking around and marveling at what everyone else built.  I've read the rules on the website, but I've got a couple questions.  Is there anything I need to do before I start building?  When I start building stuff, can I just pick any unoccupied area and start work?  Does the same apply for mining?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Pretty much, but I'd suggest starting somewhere that's not too close to anyone else if you plan to mine a lot. Otherwise the only thing you'd find when you start digging down is other peoples mines.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I just bought Minecraft last night (finally).  I messed around in single player for a bit, then I connected to rhx's server.  So far I'm just looking around and marveling at what everyone else built.  I've read the rules on the website, but I've got a couple questions.  Is there anything I need to do before I start building?  When I start building stuff, can I just pick any unoccupied area and start work?  Does the same apply for mining?

yeah. IT started gettting ratehr crowded.

Mind you, you're free to make a house within my kingdom and use my mines. You can't miss it - look for a rediclously high, redicolously long wall that goes around it.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

Says the guy who encircled half the map with his wall.... lol.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
You could also consider taking my rail, or shade's rail, and building at the end of one of those.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
The end of shades rail is also getting crowded.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Nah that's only about .01% of the map. :P

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Server was over 20 square kilometres last time I checked.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

Nah that's only about .01% of the map. :P
More than anyone else except perhaps sara with her big big big tunnel.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Holy crap! progress!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:33:46 pm by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Wow, thanks for all the info.  Trashman, I might take you up on your offer for mine use.  Also, I noticed that there's a fairly large field outside one of your walls.  Mind if I set up my house there?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
wherever you want. The large fields and plans are there to be populated with stuff.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

What's with someone changing Fenris station and knocking out the mob grinder without any announcement at all? And the locked chests? If Qaz or RHX or so decided, fine, my appologies for ranting. But I get a distinct feel that again a non-mod person (won't name them until I can confirm it) is voicing their own thoughts and labeling them as if it's the entire server's thoughts. It's getting a bit tiring if it's who I think it is, talk a bit about you do it or post a message up front. The station improved, but the grinder, unmarked passworded chests and other chests being now unlabled is unnerfing. Adding a hatch, extra layer which doesn't change the buildings purpose/function I understand but it's been a few times that someone randomly had a streak of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, seemingly forgot to take their lithium tablets and went all "but it's not alligned" closing off walls or corners which were there for a reason (easy access etc). Fenris station isn't the only thing that got suddenly rearranged.

Again, sorry if it's a mod decision, then it's up to them, but it's not been the first time someone, anyone, changes a public used venue because they think something is valid or a good reason with a lot of people who also use the venue being hampered by such changes.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:47:55 am by -Sara- »

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Well, I went and checked down there yesterday. There's no malicious damage whatsoever, the minecart used to time the circuit is just no longer there.
Besides, the grinder was taking up about 40% of the possible mobs on the server, it'd be nice to have a few more on the surface.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline -Sara-

Well, I went and checked down there yesterday. There's no malicious damage whatsoever, the minecart used to time the circuit is just no longer there.
Besides, the grinder was taking up about 40% of the possible mobs on the server, it'd be nice to have a few more on the surface.

But mobs were toned down in the first place manually too long ago, isn't that still the case? Either way it helps if the chests are re-labled and the passworded ones are a level lower or such, to keep people from wondering what they are.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:29:47 am by -Sara- »