Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576974 times)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Sorry BlueFlames, I'll see about adding a protective region to your domes to prevent fire, also I think we may keep with the current world for 1.8, if there's any issues with terrain, I can smooth them out with worldedit.
I'd rather know what everyone else thinks first.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Sorry BlueFlames, I'll see about adding a protective region to your domes to prevent fire.

That should work too.  Thank you!

Also I think we may keep with the current world for 1.8, if there's any issues with terrain, I can smooth them out with worldedit.

That's cool.  It was just an idea I thought worth floating, before the patch becomes available.  :)

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Sorry BlueFlames, I'll see about adding a protective region to your domes to prevent fire, also I think we may keep with the current world for 1.8, if there's any issues with terrain, I can smooth them out with worldedit.

Unless you transplant the fenris construction site wholesale to a new map, I imagine you'll have to do that.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hey BlueFlames, you should check out this video on underwater roads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jLC-H9JB8
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Hey BlueFlames, you should check out this video on underwater roads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jLC-H9JB8

That's pretty neat, and gives me an idea for competitive submarine warfare in Minecraft.  Line the bottom of a two/three-meter-deep lake with half-blocks for your arena.  Then, put a dude in a boat at the bottom to act as the submarine and a team of two or three people in boats on the surface to act as destroyers.  The destroyer team is armed with bows (since arrows lose all their speed, but not their lethality upon hitting water), and the submarine has a pick.  If a destroyer's boat is destroyed, that player is out.  If the submarine player is killed, the destroyers win, and if the destroyers all lose their boats, the submarine wins.

I think I have a new project, for when I replace my mouse and can invest some time on the server.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Who the hell is griefing around my place? The storage has been raided!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

What storage? Only the wool should have been transported as 90% of it came from me and the Fenris.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The castle storage...some raided it. Taken half the stuff from it.

Put up signs. "Robbin Hood was here"

And I can't build anything. Can't access the vault.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I put you in the spectator group just as a temporary measure, I didn't know how you were going to act once I had disconnected. It was only a precaution and I'd be fine with you building on the server (just give me 24 hours to sort it).

As for the castle storage, I have said to a lot of people (not in this thread, but on IRC and in game) that items stored in trashmania should only be used for development in and around trashmania whether or not you continue to be active. I'll check the server logs for anyone mentioning stealing items from trashmania, if you can PM me a list of lost materials, I'll see what I can do to either get them back or replace them.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline -Sara-

I'll go check whats missing, if I borrow things I always replace them with other things and eventually the same stuff. The wool and dye is the only thing which should be gone given most of it was mine and originally was in the Fenris chest months ago until stuff started to disappear. I'll even shear some stacks of wool and donate them so you have your own wool seperate from whats moved to Fenris. :)

Was it still there a few days ago? Or did you not check for ages, as you were out of the game a lot lately? People may have used stuff over time.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
the /home plugin that was in use stopped being updated for newer versions of bukkit, this is what caused all those chunk errors and falling though floors things. Since recently updating the server, this plugin basically stopped working completely, so I've replaced it with another one, sadly this means that all homes will have to be set again.
The plugin appears to work much better however.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

What happens when the TF2 medic decides to change fields into botany?  Ze Ubertree!

It's just a shell right now.  I'll probably furnish it as a guest house/library.  I want to do a little more landscaping on the side facing my domes, and I'll extend the el-rail out to the area, as construction winds down, to save travelers a swim.  After that, I'll begin scouting a location for a submarine arena.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'll go check whats missing, if I borrow things I always replace them with other things and eventually the same stuff. The wool and dye is the only thing which should be gone given most of it was mine and originally was in the Fenris chest months ago until stuff started to disappear. I'll even shear some stacks of wool and donate them so you have your own wool seperate from whats moved to Fenris. :)

Was it still there a few days ago? Or did you not check for ages, as you were out of the game a lot lately? People may have used stuff over time.

Thanks Sara. You have always been a shining light on the server.

But that won't be necessary. I don't think I will be returning.

Offline -Sara-

Thanks Sara. You have always been a shining light on the server.

But that won't be necessary. I don't think I will be returning.

That's quiters talk, just work on other cool projects you did, like that Titan. Take a few weeks off and return refreshed. The whole issue is by far not as blown up as you think. :)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That is where we regretfully tend to disagree..
I could understand destroying the section near Blue Flameses domes (I was dissasembling that part the day before. was half way done too. I suggested for it to be moved away from the domes, further into the uninhabited valley.). I could even understand removing the section closest to the city. But everything? Even the part near the lava falls?
Maybe I could even let that pass. But the nail in he coffin is the duplicious nature. The very same people who gave me a pat on the back when I gave them a tour of the wall were the same ones that yell for it's destruction. How do you call it when someone smiles at you and is all friendly, and then backstabs you the very next instant?

The trust isn't there anymore. And now the griefing...and removing of my ability to do anything.

I feel about as welcomed a yew on a Natzi gathering....

I might long on to take a few screenshots of the kingdom for memory lane.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:12:58 pm by TrashMan »

Offline -Sara-

@ Trash: Okay hon, understood then. I hope you'll find other things to enjoy then. If you get bored and feel less hurt, wanting to say hi do come by.

@1.8: Quite fun, far too many mineshafts. Also ravines are scary and deep, like the Fenris valley. Endermen are strong, villages are awesome. Got to yet find a stronghold though.

@ Blueflames: Looks like a stargazing observatory too.

@ Qaz: Seems indeed Jeb says 1.8 changes the way chunks work, so definately need to merge landscape with worldedit again. Nasty job!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
@ Qaz: Seems indeed Jeb says 1.8 changes the way chunks work, so definately need to merge landscape with worldedit again. Nasty job!
Or voxel sniper...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline -Sara-

Or voxel sniper...

He tried that but it acted weird, duped stuff or added random bedrock, also something lag-related I think?

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I'm keeping voxelsniper disabled unless really needed, less plugins, less ram usage. Less ram usage, less lag, pretty much that simple.