Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577467 times)

Offline -Sara-

Probably very soon, they are at 99.21% or so done and will probably hit 100% tomorrow. Then it's a matter of making some trial versions until it works proper and they start recommending it. I'd guess somewhere between 7 to 14 days.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
qazwsx, you guys running RB1060?
Yeah, 1060 over here.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
qazwsx, you guys running RB1060?
Yeah, 1060 over here.
do you guys have any problems with it running into the ram barrier and dying via good old "heap space gone" error or some such? and iffyness with some plugins...
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Any chance of having the server ip put in the opening post on the thread? I seem to have lost the settings after minecraft updated itself
Search the member lest for a username that starts with rhx. One of his later posts will have the server IP you're looking for.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
first post updated, server still running 1.7.3, so 1.8 players will have to wait a bit D:

Just to clarify, I think this was mentioned before, but will the server be doing a clean start with the 1.8 update or not?
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
1.8.1's out today, just so everyone knows.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

Couple of shots from 1.8. The server is NOT running 1.8, these are just tests on a VPS I have.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
I wonder if one can mod in different colored lights now...
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
The lights work off of a light intensity/color normal.  Modding in new colors would be impossible without making ALL the lights a different color.  At best you could get 2-channel lights, but not full RGB.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
The lights work off of a light intensity/color normal.  Modding in new colors would be impossible without making ALL the lights a different color.  At best you could get 2-channel lights, but not full RGB.
i wouldnt put it past spout or general bukkit plugins folks to mod that in however.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Behold!

I am a master of magic witchcraft railcraft!

The rail line now extends to the Ubertree.  I'm still working on the interior, but it's easy enough to get out there now.

I also fixed the switch at the station west (?) of town that selected between the center of town and the domes as destinations.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:16:50 pm by BlueFlames »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
1.8 seems to be more of a resource hog. Experimenting a bit in singleplayer, and it seems jerkier.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Give it a try on SMP, on SP my frames average 70 - 80 looking normally and 100 - 120 when straight up, on SMP they become 100 - 140 and 240 - 320.
Unless you mean the entire game skips every two - three seconds then you've got the Lag Spike of Death which happens a lot on SP and can only fix it with Optifine's LSoD Fix.

Offline rhx123

HALLO THERE - Server Update
From the testing of 1.8.1, the resource usage is  predictably higher, so mine and qaz's plan is to wait for a very stable and tested good bukkit build, make a backup of the world, and go to 1.8.1 and see how the transition goes.
In other words, until were sure that 1.8.1 isn't going to make the server fall over, we are going to stick with 1.7.3 for the time being.

Screenshot dump!

First, a couple more shots of the rail line, descending into the grove ahead of the Ubertree.  I'm thinking of building the vegetation further up the second level of the structure.  The first level just has a lot more atmosphere, being partially hidden.

If I hide the upper levels a bit more and increase the density of the surrounding foliage, this entry will feel a lot like stumbling on something, rather than arriving at a known location.

The lower level is a quiet library, with a private reading room, off to the side.  There's an air of peace and seclusion, on account of the small windows and the foliage making it easier to see out than in.

The upper level is less dominated by the trees, as they provide structural support, more than anything else.  The windows are also larger and less obstructed.  Sleeping quarters and two sitting areas are located on this level, as well as access to the observatory.

Finally, the top level is the observatory.  I put a small gallery in the center, partially to keep the room from just being an empty floor, and partially to keep people from accidentally tumbling down the stairs.  My other observation tower is about the furthest object Minecraft is willing to render at this location, so there's a good view of the rail line and three of the domes.  It's nature in the other directions, save for a couple lines of torches, in the distance, left by one of the server's wanderers.  The lit trail makes for a pretty cool effect, at night.  You'll have to come out and visit to see that, though.  ;)

In other words, until were sure that 1.8.1 isn't going to make the server fall over, we are going to stick with 1.7.3 for the time being.

Thanks for the update!  I can't say I'm disappointed by the delay.  I'm not quite ready to test whether or not the Endermen are willing to build on my roof or able to teleport through glass.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Right now on SMP Endermen don't turn hostile at all unless you outright attack them, staring at them does nothing they just walk around happily and find a block to pick up while occasionally stopping and looking back at you for a few seconds before wandering off again.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
*snip*
If I hide the upper levels a bit more and increase the density of the surrounding foliage, this entry will feel a lot like stumbling on something, rather than arriving at a known location.
*snip*

I stumble on stuff all the time... Qaz's 'hidden' stuff are all over the server.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
*snip*
*snip*

I stumble on stuff all the time... Qaz's 'hidden' stuff are all over the server.
I must hide it well then, because I don't know where any of it is O_o

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I must hide it well then, because I don't know where any of it is O_o
gg bro, gg.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline -Sara-

HALLO THERE - Server Update
From the testing of 1.8.1, the resource usage is  predictably higher, so mine and qaz's plan is to wait for a very stable and tested good bukkit build, make a backup of the world, and go to 1.8.1 and see how the transition goes.

If even with a stable bukkit build the server will still handle 1.8.1, it might be a good moment to accept donations from server regulars to up the server performance. :P That way you don't pay it from own pockets and the players invest in their own server.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.